• Register Today It's free!

Dang..still nothing from ford

Carnivore

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 sport
I bought mine in jan of 2011. I should be on top of the list ..dammit.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got ours same time was one of the first orders for new model as our lease was up and had to extend it another 3 months waiting for the new model. We should have received the info of the update first. Just saying......:mad:

Received our updated MFT 3/22/11
Purchased car July 2011 -- mfg date 6/11/11
You are looking for a bright blue package in the mail you can't miss it.
It says it will take 1 hr to install.
Just got home today going to try it now.

I keep thinking it'll be here any day, I bought mine in October 2011, my mft works fine right now so I am not complaining

I haven't had any problems with my system so I'm being patient, but am looking forward to the upgrade. I hope the Home screen is customizable because the new screen I saw online looks a little too simplified.
Maybe it will be in my mailbox today.

I haven't had any problems with my system so I'm being patient, but am looking forward to the upgrade. I hope the Home screen is customizable because the new screen I saw online looks a little too simplified.
Maybe it will be in my mailbox today.
Did you get your Ex at the time you joined the Forum? Just curious because mine was built Feb. 24, 2011 and I have to take it to the dealer. Not receiving anything via the mail.

Peter

Did you get your Ex at the time you joined the Forum? Just curious because mine was built Feb. 24, 2011 and I have to take it to the dealer. Not receiving anything via the mail.

Peter

Mine was built the first week of March, 2011. I expect the cards to be mailed to me.

my build was 1/23/11 and nothing, not even the letter that others got.... I'm seeing a pattern with jan/feb 2011 and earlier builds. I did my upgrade though, and twisted an arm to get the sd card.... lol

Mine was built the first week of March, 2011. I expect the cards to be mailed to me.
What does syncmyride say?
If it says dealer to install, then you won't receive anything.

Peter

Peter

+1
Go check www.syncmyride.com... I was in the same boat as you..until I found out I had to let the dealer do it...I'm scheduled for next Tuesday.

Peter

My dealer told me no. That I have to wait or my mailing and my sync account says go to the dealer.

My dealer told me no. That I have to wait or my mailing and my sync account says go to the dealer.

If your Sync account says to go to the dealer, and they dealer won't do it, you should find another dealer. Might try putting a bug in Cory's ear, that might help too. :)

Who is Cory

Cory is a representative from Ford Customer Care.

Go to this thread and click on the big red FordCustSrvc and click "Send a private message to FordCustSrvc".

Describe your problem, provide your vehicle's vin number, dealer where you purchased it, and approximate mileage (there may be other things, but that will get you started and Cory will request any further information he might require).

After a couple of days, Cory should respond to your inquiry.

He's a huge help on this forum :)

Oh yeah, where ever you see the big red FordCustSrvc, you can click on it to send them a private message (pm).

Bought my 2012 in Oct. Got my update in Monday's mail. Installed it in 40 min. Working great. Screen more simplified but not customizable. like the old screen better, but it is stable and works well. NOt really more responsive but no nav faults nor sd card errors.

I just talked to the ford technology team and yes they confirmed I am not getting the package in the mail. I am getting it done at the dealership. So I told them that the dealer did not understand this concept and they are calling the dealer. I have to say that I am extremely pleased with the entire process by which the four technology team handles things. I can't say the same about the dealership

Mine just arrived today, big blue envelope is an understatement. !

Pretty easy install, but I don't know why they eliminated the clock in this display. Still didn't fix my calendar. I haven't checked phone responsiveness yet. It did take about 45 mins for the install.

Mine took almost an hour, some nice additions. One I noticed quick was if you have any screen saver pictures loaded. It will show the picture along with quad screen of the controls overlaying the top. Kinda like your desktop on your PC.

Besides the much cleaner look, a little less clutter of redundant information from before. I can live without the clock- its on my phone and watch.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine took almost an hour, some nice additions. One I noticed quick was if you have any screen saver pictures loaded. It will show the picture along with quad screen of the controls overlaying the top. Kinda like your desktop on your PC.

Besides the much cleaner look, a little less clutter of redundant information from before. I can live without the clock- its on my phone and watch.

What do you mean no clock? The clock is still there. Its even bigger than before.

Back