Dannyboy's 94 Explorer---Lifted and Limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dannyboy's 94 Explorer---Lifted and Limited

I have no web page so my pics are not the best, but at least I have some,
The truck
1994 Explorer Limited
Your basic XLT or Eddie Bauer with the luxuries such as air dam(great to rip off on the trail, or even an rough city road) running boards(Customized at the badlands in Attica), skid plate on gas tank, tranny cooler, limited leather 8 way power seats, with driver memory, foglights, autodimming mirror, heated side mirrors, and auto turn on lights when it gets dark out, also overhead console with temp and compass, sunroof.
Stock setup
4,0 liter
auto tranny
3.73 limited slip

stereo upgrades to premium sound
alpine CD
OZ audio 5.25" components in front doors
2 JL 12" subs

communications
Maxom citizens band radio
Nokia 8260 cellular

insidecargo mounted
fire extinguisher, air compressor, first aid kit, 2 Ford Explorer No Boundaries folding chairs and shovel all strapped in on panels or sub box.

Engine changes,
KKM airfiltercharger on the way,
Custom straightpiped exhaust
Remote start and keyless entry
New bigger tranny cooler

Lift
3" body lift
front 4" lift with 4" skyjacker springs, soon to be 6" I hope. Rancho RS5000's
rear spring over conversion which I got darn near 6" of lift from when I was expecting 5" or less.
Rancho RS5000's

Other-
15x8 American Racing Baja's sporting 32x11.5 Regul Trailblazer AT's
GM front mounted tow hooks
Putnam class 3 2" reciever
full size spare, still mounted underneath deflated of course

wish list and possibly soon to come
The "biggest" 33" tire out there
4.10 gears with Detroit True-Trac front locker, rear disc axle with limited slip from a newer Explorer
Rear tire, HiLift carrier, Possibly taking the 3" gap from body lift, along with the space gained from spare tire missing underneath and cut inside frame rails and build a drop down hidden cargo area with a drail plug for multi uses such as a place to store cold ones on ice, wet gear or recovery equipment or hide stereo equipment from being seen.
Line X rocker panels
And some pics( Like I said this is all I have)
Dead Link Removed
at the pipeline in WI
Dead Link Removed
new pic of the badass 35's
35s_rear.jpg

Last edited:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice truck

My page is at msn passport It's free webspace and you also get photo albums and stuff..... it's easy too... you can also get other web pages too..... I have one for the explorer.... The bronco my family/kids and our fishing trips.... the web pages are under MSN communities

Karol

Grin love when they go under like that..... so picturesque....................... *grin

nice ride

nice truck, I wish my Limited was white :(

Dannyboy - I want that limited grill and I can't find one around town. So, send it to me or I'll come and beat you up, LOL.
Seriously, looks good with that lift!

I remember standing out in the parking lot w/ you at Attica and you were telling me that you were going to lift your truck, but not too much..........?
Whatever!!

P.S.- your rig looks sweet!!

see ya' soon

Yeah well, I was going to do the 2" jacker, but then I designed my own spring over for like 30 bucks and then bought Kampy's brackets from his solid axle conversion and here we stand. Until Next time Brent, happy wheelin. I want to take another shot at Indiana. Oh yeah, as for the lift, It is Barret's fault. A great word of advice, GO big right away. He said he wasted like a grand by doing it 2 inches then 5 so I guess I am money ahead.
Dan Likes Money
Dan spends money
Dan Likes his explorer
Dan usually doesnt refer to himself in 3rd person

Last edited:

But, Dan IS CRAZY and needs BIGGER TIRES!!

Dan is looking at bigger tires, perhaps 35x12.50 Goodyear MTR's, or a 33. I have good flex working and dont want to ruin it with too big of tires.

Another word for all you like Brian. Go lift your own truck. It is tough enough for me to try to afford all the things I want, but now you all put these ideas in my head, and then I want those too. Well that his better than the people around here. Some punk in a 97 Explorer(it was just like Commocozy's stock and he's a punk too) was telling me I had to go sell my Explorer because this tricked out Bronco for sale would be better, or else everyone who used to call it a grocery getter now thinks it's too big, or gonna roll at 10 mph. All I gotta say is SHUT UP OR I WILL PARK ON YOUR HOOD.

Settle down now Dan... You ain't THAT big... I'll have Riff come up and park on YOUR hood!

By the way... 35s? No way, go with 33s or get a 32 in a M/T tire.

We don't want you to have to fill up 10 times just to get to Attica!

Ladies and Gentlemen we have another, how can StuddedX run 36's with the superlift 5.5 and 3"bl but now I am nuts for considering a 35?:

i wouldnt say go with the 35's just because you may be able to scrunch them in between the metal.
its just that you can run 33's alot easier and w/out the complications of "well, they only rub when the wheel is turned this much and I hit a little bump.
Not to mention the wear on (i am assuming) stock driveline parts meant to spin a 235/15 tire.
oh boy....then we have gears!!!!!
aahhhhhh damn, its that bug, its eating at me ........AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! go away bug!!!
lol

p.s.-danny, its like cancer, it doesnt go away.

Originally posted by SplashMan

We don't want you to have to fill up 10 times just to get to Attica!

Ok If I go to attica again I am going on a flatbead trailer, screw that driving there and then having to repair just so I can get home.
By the way anyone heard from Riff, I emailed him and asked if he would send my K&N to someone who wants to buy it. KKM IS IN and I get way better mileage. It rocks, best single engine upgrade, besides the v-10 swapLOL

Well I'm bored so time to update for those who care, and if you dont care, you are still reading anyway.
I have added
KKM true-rev
f150 coil spacers
skyjacker steering stabilizer
a few dents and scratches
and lastly purchased a 4.10 rear axle with discs(soon to get a Detroit True-Trac and gears, but may go 4.56)

YEAH danny has an air filter again!

For those who don't know, lets just say when danny came to IL we rapped his truck after he broke it :p

your truck is phat, i only hope i can get mine to look better than that........ in my dreams maybe

Originally posted by COMMOCOZY
YEAH danny has an air filter again!

For those who don't know, lets just say when danny came to IL we rapped his truck after he broke it :p

LOL poor danny, you know us Illinois guys we will tear your stuff up!!

Well It's been a while so more update
4.56 gears are in
disc brake rear axle is in
Warn manual hubs are in
Detroit EZ locker in front is in
Sway bar discos up fron are in
Extended my brake lines
Picked up a Warn M8000 winch for a steal, now adding front reciever winch from front or rear

Oh yeah, in case you missed the other thread, I got a free 91 Nissan Sentra as a beater car too, so basically if I drive that the MPG I save will go to more mods for the Exploer then i will eventually drive over the Nissan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back