Dannyboy's new rig is here | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dannyboy's new rig is here

The "new" 91 Explorer showed up yesterday. All in all, I'm very impressed, no body rust, lots of surface rust to clean up on the underside from WI. This truck lived most of it's life in SanDiego then Joe moved to Milwaukee about 5 years ago.

It's pretty trick and I'm really excited about this C4/5 tranny deal. It's reverse valved and you need to shift through each gear manually. I'm going to run this a few times and see what I think. Part of me thinks my 94 shouldn't get parted out quite yet. I think I'm going to end up moving the axles from my 94 under this thing.

In addition I ended up with the bedsides from the John Swift explorer. I remember seeing this truck in Explorer Express when I first got into this, now I've got parts of his truck in my backyard. Not sure what I'm going to do with these!
Now the pics!

Attachments

• 91 Explorer 1012 (Medium).jpg
    91 Explorer 1012 (Medium).jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 815
  • 0718060710.jpg
    0718060710.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 804
  • 91 Explorer 104 (Medium).jpg
    91 Explorer 104 (Medium).jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 830
  • 91 Explorer 108 (Medium).jpg
    91 Explorer 108 (Medium).jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 812

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

more pics, there's lots of custom fabwork on this underneath the surface rust. It's got a 9" rear locked with 4.56s, tubed up rear shock mounts, big shock support across the engine, triple shocks up front, new coil buckets, etc. I'm still trying to figure out some of the stuff on this truck but I'm thinking if I blast it down a wash and compare it to what I've had it should make some sense.

Attachments

• lilmule8.jpg
    lilmule8.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 825
  • 91 Explorer 120 (Medium).jpg
    91 Explorer 120 (Medium).jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 812
  • 91 Explorer 124 (Medium).jpg
    91 Explorer 124 (Medium).jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 805
  • 91 Explorer 113 (Small).jpg
    91 Explorer 113 (Small).jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 800

:(

I had to pass this truck up! Dannyboy you are so psyched!
This sucker has potential, you let me know if you ever get rid of it :)

I already tried sizing up a 35" tire I had here, but it's got these crazy oversized lug studs and I'm not really sure why ( I assume strength) but the lugnuts are like 1 1/8" big and the studs are damn near 3/4" I guess I could drill out my rim or swap on the smaller studs again. One more reason to bring my axles over.

Its because John at Autofab beefed up the wheel studs, I am sure thats not all you will find has been beefed up, he does not mess around, this is why his kits cycle so clean and are so reliable (drive it there, drive it home, run all day long)

Upon little searching I found this...Not sure how these would actually mount up, but I don't think I'll be using them. Jamie, maybe this and a glass front end and you'll look like you've got an Explorer!

Attachments

• PICT2422.JPG
    PICT2422.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 787

hahaha I dont like the BII rear glass either, that truck is quite a legend in some circles...I have seen that picture many times
My Bii is getting chopped and caged, I will likely pull the factory metal bedsides :)

dannyboy where did you get that bumper on the white X?? looks awesome!

nice dash cover dan ;)

like the truck though. :thumbsup:

rubbin is love

Man I bet its fun to drive

Have you ran it through AZ inspection and emissions yet? I always wondered how that would work out.

Sorry we missed you in Vegas.

Have you ran it through AZ inspection and emissions yet? I always wondered how that would work out.

Sorry we missed you in Vegas.

yeah I went through without a problem

we going to run sometime soon Rick?

SEMA was a good time. I got overserved both nights and got all the info I needed for my new job so I got out early. I think I am going to mount these on the blue explorer after seeing all the bling at SEMA

35x13.50x20s I had the tires from my superduty and went bigger, the rims I scored for $79 each. Why not right?

Attachments

• 20s (Medium).JPG
    20s (Medium).JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 634

very cool, it will look good with those MB.

I really like that bumper if you decide to get rid of that or know who makes it let me know.

you got a great deal on the rims... let me know whenever you find another one like that. ;)

Truck looks cool - I always wanted to reinforce the suspension to make it tougher.

front D35 though... I don't think it's tough enough.

79$ each, hell yes! I would so run those on my Ex

that tire and wheel combo is sick! very nice :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

oh yeha i love em...i wish there were deals like that around here!damn it,im movinin to arizona or colorado...

Back