Pete Adams

Reaction score
City, State
Ball Ground, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer PIU
Callsign
K4PRA
I went out last night to check out the lighting on my new 18 PIU and one of the first thing I noticed was that the interior lights did not go on when the doors opened. I'm familiar with the option but can't see how to enable the interior lights. I did some searching but it seems everyone wants to turn them off.
I looked in the manual and it looks like it's an option to change but I don't see it.

Thanks

BTW I'm really impressed with the spotlight. Man that spotlight is bright, throws a tight bright white beam 100's of feet.

I'm guessing the PIU must be different in that regard as with the retail version I believe the feature can only be enabled/disabled with Forscan. There is no setting for it otherwise and there is no mention of "Dark Car" in the Manual.
Also, time to update your profile to add the PIU.:)

Peter

If you don't have the option in the instrument cluster like this youtube.com/watch?v=gPl1L4TpQrg#t=1m26s then it's probably disabled through the BCM. Should be:
—Dark Mode 16-18MY BCM 726-32-01 xxxx x*xx xxzz 0=Disabled, 1=Enabled

per FORScan 2011-2018 Explorers

I'm guessing the PIU must be different in that regard as with the retail version I believe the feature can only be enabled/disabled with Forscan. There is no setting for it otherwise and there is no mention of "Dark Car" in the Manual.
Also, time to update your profile to add the PIU.:)

Peter
To the best of my knowledge, you can set it up either way in the PIU - on or off with Forscan or changeable in IPC menu.

2016-18 Police Utility Forscan Settings has some Forscan changes that work - not sure why the other sheets don't reference the IPC change. May as well just add the IPC control so it's there and you can use the feature whenever you want.

Back