• Register Today It's free!

Dash Pad Removal...?

PandorasCustoms

Reaction score
City, State
Kissimmee, Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Sport
I have read a few posts and done lots of browsing, but have yet to find a direct answer for what I am looking for.

I wanted to know if it is possible to remove the dash pad without removing the entire dash?

I saw the great "How To" on removing the entire dash for the '94 Explorer, but my explorer is my daily driver. I don't really have the time to do all of the work in one day, so I was trying to find a way to keep it drivable while I perform the work on fixing the cracks in the pad.

I know some companies sell a dash pad cap. Has anyone used one of these? Are they easier than repairing the dash pad? I know they are a great deal more expensive than doing the work on your own, but just wanted to see how good they looked after the fact.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The dash IS the dashpad....they are all 1 piece units.

Ryan

That is what I was afraid of...(And what I had figured from the previous posts)
Just wanted confirmation.

Looks like I am either going to have to schedule a LONG weekend or borrow a car for a few days.

Thanks for the information.

You are correct with the link...

And, it isn't the pull out that I am worried about.
It is the time I want to take for the repairs I need done.
With the entire dash coming out, I don't to be in a rush to have get it all back together.

I want to keep it out and take my time doing the repairs, and make sure I get everything leveled and the colors matched back up. I am sort of OCD when it comes to stuff like that. It is weird, I don't mind letting it get bad, but once I get to working on it, it has be perfect before I call the project completed.

Back