• Register Today It's free!

Dash Removal Problems

Red97EBV8

Reaction score
City, State
Harvest, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 EB V8 2WD
I am removing my dash to replace my plenum for the blend door problem. I have a Haynes manual and the factory CD. According to both, I have remove enough stuff to allow the dash to be removed, but it wont budge. I really don't want to force anything. I believe that could get real expensive if I broke something. I have removed the following:
- console
- airbags
- steering column
- instrument cluster
- radio & panel surrounding it
- climate control panel
- glove box
- kick panels
- three large bolts holding the dash to the frame.
- defrost grille
- 4 small screws under defrost grille

At this point, the dash should be free.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Billy

Have you removed the two behind the fuse panel? Look beside it on the driver's side of the dash and you'll see them.

dash2.jpg

Also there is a brace on the bottom of the dash to the middle of it

dash3.jpg

Also check to ensure you've gotten the 3 bulk head wiring connectors loose from the firewall. Let us know if you need anymore help.

Later Doug904

Doug,

Thanks for the help. I got the two behind the fuse panel, and the brace, but I haven't removed the bulkhead wiring connectors. I have been going by the Haynes manual, but after these problems, I printed the section from my Ford CD, and found several differences. I have several other things to remove. Things not mentioned in the Haynes manual are: the steering column, the radio antenna, the 3 bulkhead connectors you mentioned, the blend door motor connector, the plenum vacuum connector, and several connectors behind the right kick panel. However, it did mention several things to remove that, according the Ford CD, were nor necessary, such as: the instrument cluster, the radio and climate control and their mounting panel, and the center console. I think I'll stick to the Ford CD from now on.

Billy

Back