Date for Colorado Colors run and location?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Date for Colorado Colors run and location??

crazyflights

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
St. Joseph, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 1 ton Jeep
My wife and I are trying to get off work/school and need to put in ahead of time quite a bit, since we missed Moab we really want to make the CCR run, so what date does everyone want to go or usually go?? Lets start making some plans, summer will go by so fast!! It will sneak up on us.

Pretty sure it will be in Septemeber?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Brian1 usually gets the run assembled and it's usually Labor day weekend...:dunno:

Like Tbars said, its typically held over Labor Day weekend.

Ok cool, couldnt remember, I will just plan on labor day weekend.

Hopefully in for labor day.

please make sure you post up where and when as I would like to join.

My vote is front range area. Even Northern CO would be great.

Tim

Excited time off at work schedule, I work every saturday from late august to dec. but have off Sept 2-6, So I will leave for the trip the 1st in the afternoon after school, my wife wants to do a few things besides offroading so thursday and friday might be doing are own thing and do a run sat/sun, when the official thread goes up cant wait to see where we go, my vote is Ouray/Tellirude area, I love Imogene pass and Black Bear!!

I'm heading to Ouray in a few weeks, anything y'all want me to check on in case you end up going back there?

I'm heading to Ouray in a few weeks, anything y'all want me to check on in case you end up going back there?

Yeah. Go in to that T shirt shop and see if they are going to have any "non jeep" paraphernalia like they promised Tbars4 and I they would 2 years ago.

Tell them the Explorer guys might be coming back and we want our due respect.

If that's too much you can just take some pictures.

:D:D

Yeah. Go in to that T shirt shop and see if they are going to have any "non jeep" paraphernalia like they promised Tbars4 and I they would 2 years ago.

Tell them the Explorer guys might be coming back and we want our due respect.

If that's too much you can just take some pictures.

:D:D
The only problem with that is, I will have to take the highway to Telluride, I don't think I have Black Bear Pass in me LOL. But if I do end up in Telluride, I'll damn sure ask them! In fact, I'll pick up for whoever wants them and you guys can pay me for them.

I rough it smoothly at hotels so I'll have internet access the whole time I'm there, so I'll be able to report if I'm going to Telluride.

Scotty, even if you dont have Black bear in your sights, drive to telluride and drive Imogene pass back to Ouray, not to difficult with breath taking views!!

Edit -but you really should try Black Bear also, its something else also, only 2 bad switch backs, dont let it scare you, good brakes and spotter is all you need.

Scotty, even if you dont have Black bear in your sights, drive to telluride and drive Imogene pass back to Ouray, not to difficult with breath taking views!!
Baby steps, baby steps LOL. I'm not real fond of heights, I know that Imogene drives along some mountains faces. We'll see how I do, hell Million Dollar Highway may be too much for me LOL.

I'm hoping that spending some time on a few of those trails will help me gain more courage and be more comfortable on high roads, but I don't want to over do it either. I had issues with Pikes Peak, but I made it up and down without having to have my wife drive LOL.

Yea Imogene pass, when you 1st get into it from Telluride has some puckering drops off to your right, hug the left and scout way ahead to prepare for traffic coming so u can find an area with plenty of room to pass.

Yea Imogene pass, when you 1st get into it from Telluride has some puckering drops off to your right, hug the left and scout way ahead to prepare for traffic coming so u can find an area with plenty of room to pass.
Right drop offs are fine, that's my wifes side LOL!

The only problem with that is, I will have to take the highway to Telluride, I don't think I have Black Bear Pass in me LOL. But if I do end up in Telluride, I'll damn sure ask them! In fact, I'll pick up for whoever wants them and you guys can pay me for them.

I rough it smoothly at hotels so I'll have internet access the whole time I'm there, so I'll be able to report if I'm going to Telluride.

Actually, the t shirt shop I was referring to is in Ouray.

Actually, the t shirt shop I was referring to is in Ouray.
Shoot me a google location of it and I'll put it into my GPS. I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to go by there LOL.

I think 88comingup got the only Ford product (ballcap) in that entire shop!

I want another one of those 1 lb buffalo/elk burgers from the restaurant downtown Ouray, followed by a great big home made, hand scooped waffle cone from across the street :)

I want another one of those 1 lb buffalo/elk burgers from the restaurant downtown Ouray, followed by a great big home made, hand scooped waffle cone from across the street :)
NOW you're talking my game! Where can I get that? Do you recall the name or location?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back