• Register Today It's free!

David from the UK

David Penney

Reaction score
City, State
Keith, Scotland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000Explorer Eddie Bauer
hi all , just purchased my 2nd Ford Explorer. My 1st one was in 1997 right hand drive. This one is a 2000 Eddie Bauer in Red & Gold (LHD). My wife and I totally love it. It's had a loved life having only done 103000 miles and a full service history. Larger wheels DOTZ brand and machined wheel spacers. ( fitted by previous owner) I'm the 3rd Owner. It was imported into the UK in 2006 from Florida. Drives brilliantly. Fortunately I live near a garage who's owner is also into American trucks ( he has 3 including. F150 ) So I'm in good company. I use to work for the RAF as a liaison between UK & US Air Force great job and I made loads of American freinds. Now living in Scotland.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum. Be sure to check out our UK Owners Forum: UK Explorer Owners Forum

That's a very clean looking 2nd Gen. Is it as rust free as it looks?

David, welcome to the forum.

It is , spent most of of its years in Florida. Then the guy who imported it had it treated with sealant.

Nice explorer I to have a rust. Free 99 mine is a xlt tho

Welcome to this forum! Was it a problem registering it in the UK since the steering wheel is on the left (USA) instead of the right (UK)?
No a few things need to be done Headlights for Right hand drive, fitting of a rear fog light and a VOSA test

Back