David's 1997 Eddie Bauer Explorer 4x4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

David's 1997 Eddie Bauer Explorer 4x4

Bought it October 4th, 2011 locally with 133K on it with a few small issues. It needed new tires and brakes and passenger's side window didn't work along with the windshield washer fluid pump. Here are pics of the day I bought it.

IMAG0414.jpg

IMAG0413.jpg

IMAG0412.jpg

IMAG0415.jpg

IMAG0416.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Painting the faded door pillars.

IMAG0454.jpg

IMAG0457.jpg

IMAG0458.jpg

IMAG0456.jpg

IMAG0462.jpg

IMAG0465.jpg

IMAG0459.jpg

Looks good! I may paint my pillars too, although they are not nearly as faded. What paint did you use?

Just a simple semi gloss black bought from O'Reillys.

Then added Black Rock Lobo 950 wheels and new Hancook Tires and Raptor Liner to the Tan Fender Flares and front and rear bumpers.

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo7.jpg

Also got rid of the stock head unit and went with a Pioneer AVH-P3300BT and love it.

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

Then added the brush guard.

photo8.jpg

photo9.jpg

This weekend I did the Bi-Xenon Morimoto Retrofit on Ebay black diamond cut headlights.

photo12.jpg

photo13.jpg

photo14.jpg

photo15.jpg

photo16.jpg

Here's some pics from this morning's snow storm.

photo11.jpg

photo10.jpg

How does that stuff hold up on the plastic flares? I've thought about doing it to mine. I love that look. Nice job on the projectors btw.

How does that stuff hold up on the plastic flares? I've thought about doing it to mine. I love that look. Nice job on the projectors btw.

Holds up great. I had to sand down the tan fender flares with fine grit sand paper and as pictured taped off everything else and let it in the garage at night and put it out in the sun during the daytime to help it cure check. The raptor kit comes with 4 bottles and a can of hardner and a spray gun to where the bottle hooks up to it to spray gun and to your compressor. It was a lot easier then I thought it was gonna be.

The black looks MUCH better than the tan.

I still can't decide if I like those headlights or not.
They are better then the factory headlights and the one piece projectors I had before these retrofit projectors.

nice x u got there

Thanks, it's still a work in progress. I wish I had a sun roof or panoramic roof on my X like the Flex.

Thank you.

Back