Day 1 of owning the Explorer...problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Day 1 of owning the Explorer...problem

Matt45648

Reaction score
City, State
OH-IO!
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer XLT
So I was told when I purchased the car that my wife could schedule times for the car to start and also use our echo dot to start the car from inside the house...

Got the alexa+ford all set up... can start the car from the app, however there is no option to schedule starts. When I try to start the car from the dot it says that it couldnt be completed, to try again later. Anyone have any clue whats going on here. Day 2 with the car and already dissapointed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Matt.:wave:

Peter

Thank you... appreciate it. I CONTACTED ford today and they say it is issues on their end with software and blah blah blah. Its a shame that they cannot leep their technology that they advertise as a feature up and running... yet my 5 year old truck fires right up with alexa. Oh well, hopefully they get it up and running

Is it just the remote starting you are disappointed with?

Here is how you schedule starts

about 1:30m into the video

Is it just the remote starting you are disappointed with?

Here is how you schedule starts

about 1:30m into the video

EDIT: Oh and from what I found, when you connect Alexa to ford pass, it could take 24 hours alone to sync it. Maybe it is still connecting on the back end? I'd give it a day or two.

I know how to schedule starts... the option is missing from the app

I know how to schedule starts... the option is missing from the app

Ah, ok. Do you know what options your Explorer came with? curious if the schedule is only part of a higher package? I'm just guessing here.

Its just an xlt.
I was told by ford that it has the correct modem and packaging and is capable....

Its just an xlt.
I was told by ford that it has the correct modem and packaging and is capable....
Go back to the dealer and have them demonstrate it.

Peter

If I hafta drive my happy *** back down there (over 2 hrs away) just for that the only explorer will be the salesman exploring for my foot... which he will locate up his ***.

On a side note I was able to get it to start via the echo dot today, though it was VERY delayed... the wife can live with that I guess.

Ihave enjoyed blowing some steam off on here though. Won't be modifying this grocery getter so you guys won't experience my best rants. Now the duramax forum is a whole different story :tanranger: :D

The Ford pass is not fully functional for the 2020 Explorer. The programed starts is not yet working for the Explorer 2020. It will be they say by March April. It is being Resigned. The dealer don't even say nor stay updated with this info. A friend of mine Cruz is one of the tech guys working on the app. It is also due to Sync 4 that will be released soon, like in two month or so. The bad part is that Ford doesn't say these thing because of sales...

There was an update today for the 2020 explorer. You should see it on the Ford Pass app.

Back