• Register Today It's free!

DB Drag

holshotracer

Reaction score
City, State
Gowen mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 sport
on saterday i finally got my system metered. the circiut city that my friend works at held a db drag. using two kicker comp VRs in a sub zone ported box, being pushed by a MTX 1501d i hit a 139.3 db. i placed second in my class behind a 2nd gen explorer that had more money into his system. i could hit louder but i was dropping down to 12 volts. the loudest was a 155.5 in a blazer with 8 15" subs.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sweet! are you happy with that? i assume they are 12s? doesnt sound half bad to me for a pretty much off the shelf set up :thumbsup:

About what I'da guessed you were doing. Reason I am gettin an X, they get loud :-D.

Was it a sanctioned dB Drag event? I imagine they were using the new TL meter, from the scores you listed.

it wasn't sanctioned event. it was just the guys in the Road Shop wanting to have fun. they're going to hold another one in about two months. the best part was the cops showed of because there was a complate from about two miles down the road. the cop stayed to hear the blazer. i was pretty happy but i'm going to try to hit at aleast a 142. i'm going to add another battery and build a different box, because right now i don't have enough port. they are 12" subs.

holshotracer said:
it wasn't sanctioned event. it was just the guys in the Road Shop wanting to have fun. they're going to hold another one in about two months. the best part was the cops showed of because there was a complate from about two miles down the road. the cop stayed to hear the blazer. i was pretty happy but i'm going to try to hit at aleast a 142. i'm going to add another battery and build a different box, because right now i don't have enough port. they are 12" subs.

If you want some help on a loud ass box for 2 12s in your explorer, shoot me a PM :)

hit up powered4sound.com

i hit 145.6 with 2 12's

146.7 with 2 10s? what kinda power?

4X402 said:
I hit a 146.7 w/ 2 jl 10's
but on what mic?? some mics are up to 8 db higher than others

A 440 watt TMA i only did like 143 sumthin on USACi mikes, but that wasnt at a sanctioned usaci event. check my cardomain page. ive also got some powersupply **** and a Eclipse 8445 deck which is one of the best on the market. They did a 141.3 before the nice deck battery new wiring, and a untuned box, that was my first comp ever 2 but it was a sanctioned USACi event. still not loud enough, new system to come.

i know that mine can hit louder it just i got to get around to building a new box. i'm thinking of adding another battery to help some with the voltage drop. that or i may have to add another cap, besides my 2farad that i have right now.

what you need to do is install a more powerful alternator, caps are ****, battery might help but only while it's charged (no Street beat)

i have a new 140 amp alternator. the alt works great when the motor is turning above idle. one of the rules was idle only. if i got another cap it will be a tsumani 2 farad.

circuit city must be doing these all over casue i got a flyer for a db drag that they are holding tomorrow night here at the local circuit city. I might go to see whats a round, but i myself dont have a system.

i think that they are trying to get the road shop name out. i think that most poeple don't know what the road shop is. i can't complain about it i placed second in my class at least it was behind another EX.

I wish my CC did those...

i missed the one by me cuz i didnt have a sub amp :( mine blew. Just got a hifonics 2005. ready to hit 150+

4X402 said:
A 440 watt TMA i only did like 143 sumthin on USACi mikes, but that wasnt at a sanctioned usaci event. check my cardomain page. ive also got some powersupply **** and a Eclipse 8445 deck which is one of the best on the market. They did a 141.3 before the nice deck battery new wiring, and a untuned box, that was my first comp ever 2 but it was a sanctioned USACi event. still not loud enough, new system to come.
keep in mind the termlab mic (db drag) is typically 1.5 db down from the audiocontrol (usaci) aswell.

i just hit a 163.7 a few days ago ....i have 2 solobaric L7 15's in a ported box tuned for about 40hz with a kicker kx1200.1 pushing them...no dynamat yet....got that pioneer 780mp head unit...kicker mids and highs...sounds alright, but it will sound much better when i get my other kx1200.1 installed, so then i will have one pushing each speaker

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

163.7 in the port or what?

cause that score is impossible at the dash with the equipment listed

Back