• Register Today It's free!

Dead Trans, Where To Buy Rebuilt?

icedtc

Reaction score
City, State
Asbury, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport
So my 99 explorer sport just got back from the shop and my trans is on its way out... But we had some fun together.

I was just wondering what you guys think my next step should be. I got quoted 3k to take my old one out, rebuild it, and reinstall it. I am confident that I can put a rebuilt one in myself…I am just unsure where to go to get one rebuilt.

Autozone quoted me a price of $1700, and I only got that quote for a beginner…I also checked ebay and it seems like I can snag one freighted to my house for like 900 bucks with a decent warranty…but can I trust ebay if I talk to the person over the phone, etc.?

Or does anyone know a reputable alternative around the Phillipsburg, NJ or Easton, PA area?

Thanks so much guys, I hope to have her on the road soon!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So my 99 explorer sport just got back from the shop and my trans is on its way out... But we had some fun together.

I was just wondering what you guys think my next step should be. I got quoted 3k to take my old one out, rebuild it, and reinstall it. I am confident that I can put a rebuilt one in myself…I am just unsure where to go to get one rebuilt.

Autozone quoted me a price of $1700, and I only got that quote for a beginner…I also checked ebay and it seems like I can snag one freighted to my house for like 900 bucks with a decent warranty…but can I trust ebay if I talk to the person over the phone, etc.?

Or does anyone know a reputable alternative around the Phillipsburg, NJ or Easton, PA area?

Thanks so much guys, I hope to have her on the road soon!

I would call Relco Transmissions in Easton.. I live in Allentown.. They quoted me very cheap to remove rebuild and reinstall.. it was like half the price of AAMCO or Cottman.

thanks for the lead! I will call them this afternoon...I greatly appreciate it.

I just had my trans rebuilt by these guys

http://www.pcttrans.com/

Theyre located in Wayne NJ. They can cut you a good deal if you pay cash up front. Just make sure you tell them to fax you a quote or something.

Back