DEAL Of a lifetime | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

DEAL Of a lifetime

the 265's you have need to go on my 01 Sport Trac (Its in my name but I helped my best friend buy it, he needs new tires BAD), 16" rim 265

I have enough gen II explorer wheels to choke a horse :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the 265's you have need to go on my 01 Sport Trac (Its in my name but I helped my best friend buy it, he needs new tires BAD), 16" rim 265

I have enough gen II explorer wheels to choke a horse :)

Shoot, if he's got factory 16's we could just swap wheels/tires. It'll save him $75 in mounting/balancing ;)

Mount and balance will cost him nothing, I have a friend :)

The Sport trac wheels are different from yours I believe? but its something to consider!

Mount and balance will cost him nothing, I have a friend :)

The Sport trac wheels are different from yours I believe? but its something to consider!

You've got connections all over town don't you? Do you know someone that could re-cal my speedo after I get larger tires?

I'm probably going to end up getting my 285's (Thinking Nitto Terra Grapplers/Toyo Open Country A/T) from 4 Wheel Parts. They've got good prices and free mount/balance.

Let me know if you think this would actually happen, I'd buy 285's as soon as I find a home for these 265's.

Okay update (still no pics yet need new camera batteries)

We were having a clunk in the transmission after changing the fluid and filter
This has been fixed, I failed to plug in the MAS the other night after doing a full tune up.
Wheeew! I was online researching the 4r55e clunk issues assuming the worst! Thank goodness it was something simple...

The truck is now 99%, I am still getting an EGR code, Insufficient EGR flow
I have yet to remove the EGR valve and check the diaphram for problems. I assume it needs a new EGR valve.

The truck got a new 02 sensor (had one laying around) and that took care of the 02 sensor code.

The multifunction switch went south yesterday, after attempting to use the hazzard lights the turn signals and hazards stopped working.
I took the multifunction switch apart and cleaned all the brass contacts. I also repaired the hazzard button contacts, one of them had come loose inside its housing. The signals and hazzards now work again, FREE repair!!

truck will be getting next:
transmission cooler install (this truck has no aux cooler from the factory, I have a V8 style cooler we will be plumbing in)

Rancho 5000 rear shocks (had them laying around)

new tensioner pulley (had this laying around)

I am going to crank the torsion bars to fix the factory sag, then it will get an alingment.

Brown wire mod

Going for emissions next week! Beautiful truck for thousand bucks!

new tensioner pulley (had this laying around)

Definately worth it. Mine failed (seized up) 2 years ago late on a Sunday night on my SOHC when I was driving back to VT from a weekend in South Carolina. I lost all power accessories (brakes, steering, etc.) and couldn't run far on the battery. Luckily it did it right before the exit for VT and not somewhere in BFE Virginia/North/South Carolina.

I'm sure you will, but might as well replace the serpentine belt while you're replacing the pulley. Cheap insurance and you're already doing the labor.

TTIWWOP.gif

Why do you need to get the emissions tested? Isn't the title clean?

Oh, i guess I just don't think about needing emissions testing, since I'm in Wisconsin.

he shoots and scores !!!!!!

Why do you need to get the emissions tested? Isn't the title clean?

I know in CA that with a title name change, you're supposed to get it smogged. Could be the same in CO?

No emissions up here in Larimer County :fart:

all cars 84 and newer get exhaust tailpipe emissions with dyno run every 2 years, or when registering a vehicle new or used.

Thats how I understand it, my BII will be 20 years old in 08, not sure if that changes anything but I can get classic plates!!

...84??? we are set up the same in cali but i believe it's still '76 and newer...:D

Emission free over here in weld county

PIctures Finally:

week2.jpg

backweek2.jpg

interiorweek2.jpg

Not bad for $1000!!!

Truck needs a fuel pump, I just happen to have one laying around.....

Would not start this AM, tested fuel pressure. Pressure gets to 40# if I prime the pump 3-4 times, but as soon as the pump turns off it bleeds down to 20# iin 2 seconds, then slowly drops to 0
This points to a bad check valve in the fuel pump

interiorweek2.jpg

...:eek: sweeeet...:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Jaime,
Are Colorado temp tags good for three months?

In Kansas & Missouri they are only good for 30 days.

Back