Dealer Allocations is it an issue? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dealer Allocations is it an issue?

nevermind mine is already in production. i didnt see they sent another email. it started build this week.

I think ordering was different years ago. Back on the 70's my dad "ordered" a car in a particular color and configuration. IIRC The dealer basically worked the phones to find one close to what he wanted and had them ship it from another dealer. It wasn't a custom order like they are doing now, it was already built and out at another dealer and his dealer just had to find it.
That is still going on today.

Peter

That is still going on today.

Peter
dealer trades yeah but local place said alot of dealers wont hardly do it now due to the demand. they said it was just as easy to order one in todays market.

Guys just to give an update I got a build date of May 23rd. With an order of 4/4 it's about 7 weeks to the build then we will see how long after it ships. Also of course we will see if the date changes, I first got a date of June 6th then a few days later they moved back to may 23rd.

Back