• Register Today It's free!

Dealer broke part of cowl

foxtemple

Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ford Explorer
Took my ex to the dealer to get a replacement upper strut mount and found out they completely destroyed the clips that hold part of the cowl on to the car. Now there is a distinct rattle when driving on uneven surfaces and I am getting no response whatsoever from the dealer. I could literally lift up the whole cowl with my pinky. You would think you would receive good quality workmanship from the dealership. Especially when they nickle and dime every penny out of you.

-TmXVvST5-YTCFeN_kOYjkfuY_1BPGaVqNxug=w705-h939-no.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you spoken with the dealership owner/general manager?

If they've damaged your vehicle, they're responsible for it. That's kind of obvious.

Wow, nice of them. Keep pushing!

I'm not sure what you mean that they "disseminated" the clips.

verb (used with object), disseminated, disseminating.
to scatter or spread widely, as though sowing seed; promulgate extensively; broadcast; disperse:

Generally one disseminates information.

Have you spoken with the dealership owner/general manager?

If they've damaged your vehicle, they're responsible for it. That's kind of obvious.

The repair was done over 2 years ago when they replaced one of my upper strut mounts under warranty. I'm going to try and get them to fix this cowl piece. Dumb me didn't notice til now.

The repair was done over 2 years ago when they replaced one of my upper strut mounts under warranty. I'm going to try and get them to fix this cowl piece. Dumb me didn't notice til now.

2 years and you just complaining about it now and want the dealer to fix it on their dime? The dealership has every right to laugh at you. A lawyer would not even take a case like this and laugh at you also.

If you've ventured over to the 02'-05' forum over the past year you would have seen my battle with my Ford dealership. The only way to get answers from these people is to keep calling and keep the issue current.

Boy, that's a tough one. I'm not suggesting they didn't do it, but I can certainly see them telling you that after 2 years, too much time has passed.

2 years and you just complaining about it now and want the dealer to fix it on their dime? The dealership has every right to laugh at you. A lawyer would not even take a case like this and laugh at you also.

I have to completely agree.... 2 years and complaining now is a huge stretch.

------

To the OP, you may know personally that the dealership did it but I can't see how any dealer would admit to something 2 years later with all the variables out there over that period of time that could have caused that.

Good luck with this one!!

Back