• Register Today It's free!

Dealer problems!!!!

HARDROCKTIMES

Reaction score
City, State
NYC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
Well June 18th I trade my truck in and picked up a 2016 sport... Long story short.. It is now August 5th and the dealer hasn't paid off my trade.. The bank is calling me telling me that they r going to put the late payment on my credit... I have been calling the dealership and always get a voice mail when they transfor me to the accounting department ...no one ever returns my call . I also spoke to a manager 2 weeks ago that took my info down and didn't return my call... My sales guy told me that they sent the payoff out a few days ago but didn't give me a tracking number ... I spoke to the finance manager yesterday and he remember me when I brought the explorer ... He called me back and said the sent the payment out today... Which it will still be late... Now I have to make a payment otherwise it will be on my credit... If this is not resolved tomorrow I will be putting this dealership on blast!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is a job for your state's attorney general. I would make contact, even if it is resolved. 2 months to pay off a vehicle is against the law in many places. I am sure the attorney general will be all ears to your plight, they are in Ohio.

I would also be tempted not to just call the dealer, show up in person.
Fax the deal paperwork to the bank for the trade to show them you aren't giving them a "line" vs. the truth. I would also consider (in addition to the AG) is your local consumer reporter on your bigger local TV station(s).

Well June 18th I trade my truck in and picked up a 2016 sport... Long story short.. It is now August 5th and the dealer hasn't paid off my trade.. The bank is calling me telling me that they r going to put the late payment on my credit... I have been calling the dealership and always get a voice mail when they transfor me to the accounting department ...no one ever returns my call . I also spoke to a manager 2 weeks ago that took my info down and didn't return my call... My sales guy told me that they sent the payoff out a few days ago but didn't give me a tracking number ... I spoke to the finance manager yesterday and he remember me when I brought the explorer ... He called me back and said the sent the payment out today... Which it will still be late... Now I have to make a payment otherwise it will be on my credit... If this is not resolved tomorrow I will be putting this dealership on blast!!!!

Good morning HARDROCKTIMES,

I'm Todd, and I'm filling in for Tricia while she is on vacation. I'm going to get your dealer feedback documented. Please shoot over a PM with your full name, phone number, VIN, and dealer name.

Thanks!

Todd

Got a call from the bank of the truck I traded in... And had to pay the monthly car note so it wouldn't go on my credit... The ford dealer is telling me they are looking into it... At this point they should do some kind of money transfer instead of sending a check... This morning the dealer gave me a tracking number for the check they said was sent out.. Nothing pops up when I put that number in... This is crazy... Now I'm paying to car notes!!!!
They need to fix this right away!!!

:popcorn: that is crazy.

I had a similar issue recently which resolved itself.. I noticed my old car (Honda) had a payment extracted from my bank account recently (4 days ago).

Due to having one more year left on my trade-in, and the dealership snail mailing it in - I should have a cheque coming my way from Honda because the account will be overpaid.

Had to call in and send a few emails getting clarification on what was going on.

Hopefully your dealership figures what the hell is happening.

Still no resolve !!!!
Hard to get anyone on the phone.... I'm going to the dealership tomorrow morning

Finally the dealer paid off the trade.. Now I still have to wait for bank to send me a refund... I have no idea how long that will take ... Shouldn't the dealer do something for the inconvenience

Finally the dealer paid off the trade.. Now I still have to wait for bank to send me a refund... I have no idea how long that will take ... Shouldn't the dealer do something for the inconvenience

That's a good thing for the dealer to do, but you may (should have already) pushed on that as sadly they may not on their own ... a conversation about social media exposure could help. :) Need any accessories or maintenance contract? :D

It's very nice to see FordService on this forum lending assistance. I'm glad this was finally resolved hardrocktimes but it shouldn't have taken so much of your time or aggravation. If your dealer is good they will at least give you a token to show their concern.

It's very nice to see FordService on this forum lending assistance. I'm glad this was finally resolved hardrocktimes but it shouldn't have taken so much of your time or aggravation. If your dealer is good they will at least give you a token to show their concern.

There was nothing ford service could do... It was out of their hands... I would hope the dealer does something ... This was a major inconvenience .... No one knows ur personal situation when it comes to money... And now waiting for my money to be sent back... And since it was late fees it won't be the same amount I had to pay... Then I have to wait for the dealer to send me the rest..
What would have been worst if I didn't have the money and my credit would have been screwed up

Back