Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH
Char and I are heading out to Death Valley next week in our Ram with slide-in camper. That means no "real" trails, just graded dirt roads.

We're looking for any reccomendations folks may have for a place to spend a night or two.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any where you find some shade. :D

I know my parents styed in a RV park in lone Pine that was pretty nice. They said there were lots of cool rock formations there too

p8_32.gif

Lone Pine is a very cool town. It's on the extreme west edge of Death Valley, at the base of Mt Whitney.

Rick, you could also check out the Charles Manson house, I think it's called Barker Ranch?

The Nevada Triangle is a section of Death Valley Natl Park that is accessed via Nevada. Its very scenic and also remote. You can't miss Tea Kettle Junction or the Race Track either. Have Fun!

RaceTrack:
dv_racetrack_0051.jpg

Thanks for the info. I'll have to save it for next time though. I didn't realize how far North Death Valley is and we won't have time to do the trip right in the four days we're going to have available.

Instead of Death Valley we decided to take a road trip along old Rt. 66 from Topock, AZ to Flagstaff and then back home.

Oh come on rick 4 days is plenty of time! Heck I drove from LA to N. Idaho and back in 3 days last weekend, and we stayed in Idaho for a day :D I don't reconmend driving for 22hrs. on 2hrs. of sleep though :(

Ah, the ol' "If the camper is rocking, don't come knocking" routine.

Anytime exploring is a good time!

I would like to plan a run to Death Valley sometime to see all the sights. I don't think there is any serious off roading there, but there are some pretty cool historical places to visit. How about this season in March or April?

BKennedy said:
I would like to plan a run to Death Valley sometime to see all the sights. I don't think there is any serious off roading there, but there are some pretty cool historical places to visit. How about this season in March or April?

You guys should look into the Mojave Road Trail in the Mojave National Preserve. If you aren't familiar with it,it's a 4WD trail that runs about 140 miles from Laughlin to Baker. You can run it in 2-3 days. There are alot of historic sites along the trail and some good 'wheeling along the way. There is a ton of other cool stuff in the Mojave Preserve too; Mitchell Caverns, Kelso Dunes, and some good campgrounds and dirt road side camping. It's pretty easy to get to from So Cal, AZ, and Southern NV.
Let me know if you end up going to Death Valley in March/April... I'd like to go

www.nps.gov/moja
www.calparksmojave.com/providence

BKennedy said:

Sounds good to me.

BTW, back from our Rt66 tour. Back sooner than we had expected as their wasn't that much to see ;)

However, we did get to see a live sex show in the middle of the street in downtown Oatman. This guy just jumped right on this 20 year old gal's back and started humping away!!!

Did I forget to mention the guy was a donkey and so was his gal:D

http://www.oatmangoldroad.com/burros.htm

Rick said:
However, we did get to see a live sex show in the middle of the street in downtown Oatman. This guy just jumped right on this 20 year old gal's back and started humping away!!!Did I forget to mention the guy was a donkey and so was his gal:D
QUOTE]

Isn't that part of Jeff Foxworthy's "You might be a Redneck if..." routine??? :D

I guess they were doing it "Burro Style". I have been to Oatman several times while staying in the Lake Havasu area. Interesting little town and the surrounding area is full of old mines to explore.

Back