-Deathrow Update Log- | Page 26 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

-Deathrow Update Log-

The rangers gone, they wanted $4k for the I'm not kidding over 6" lifted excursion that was coated in bed liner, that needed an engine rebuild, otherwise ran fine according to them

View attachment 429028
thats giant!!! needs some big tires imo, some 35s? reminds me of 410fortunes rig!!! are whole vehicles 50% too? if so, i say nab a v8 rig!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thats giant!!! needs some big tires imo, some 35s? reminds me of 410fortunes rig!!! are whole vehicles 50% too? if so, i say nab a v8 rig!
Definitely needed bigger tires, but sadly no, I can look elsewhere for that, they only sell certain ones (guessing the nicer, decent shape, less issue ones), 99% of what they get is junked lol
I say as i found a '96 out there once that was in as good or better shape than mine, actually nabbed some nice custom floormats from it, for the front and rear

I hate when my family is right, their trying to convince me to get rid of it if it turns out to be the timing chains. More expensive than I can afford to deal with and its just not worth it. Which, is fair, probably 5k or so to fix that. Told me to try and trade/sell it while it runs, flat out told them the only way I get rid of it, is if I can manage to get a hold of a nice bronco. Which ain't too likely, besides, as nice as that would be to have, this truck means so much to me, had so many plans for it, put so much into it already.. if it turns out to be the chains, give me y'alls opinions: I don't have the place to work on it myself, let alone the time or experience to do it myself, not like I have a lot saved off to the side due to doing other repairs to her, gas being sky high, and just other daily amenities. So it would just be easier to trade out..? I always said I'd just store her till I could fix her, but I ain't got a place to store her, not paying for some little storage place either, wouldn't trust it and it would be who knows how long before I got to it anyway, they also say a V8 swap id about the same, going a bit far for this when I could go get something else more capable with a V8 already for the same price. Put some thought in, I don't make a whole lot to begin with, work half the day for 5 days a week with plenty of side stuff required, and I'm trying to ger into a school. I can always try and buy her back later on if shes still around or get another explorer later on and make a Deathrow 2.0 or something. I get way too attached, so I can't really depend on myself too much here, hate to think about getting rid of her.

if its the primary chains (front big boy), thats not bad, cost me about 400-500 in parts when i did tons of other gaskets etc, made a few mistakes, and took a few weekends, wasnt bad at all! i just removed all the accessories, the rad, and then the timing cover (obv) then im looking at the chain

if its the primary chains (front big boy), thats not bad, cost me about 400-500 in parts when i did tons of other gaskets etc, made a few mistakes, and took a few weekends, wasnt bad at all! i just removed all the accessories, the rad, and then the timing cover (obv) then im looking at the chain
Yeah, but as said, sounds more towards the passenger mid to rear. So if it is a chain, think its that rear one, which is where all this begins.

Yeah, but as said, sounds more towards the passenger mid to rear. So if it is a chain, think its that rear one, which is where all this begins.
dang alright forgot yeah, same as mine then probably, hoping its maybe soemthing alot easier for ya!!!! i heard that someone was able to do it in the rig, but only by feel which seem slike huge risk to me, so scrap that idea.

dang alright forgot yeah, same as mine then probably, hoping its maybe soemthing alot easier for ya!!!! i heard that someone was able to do it in the rig, but only by feel which seem slike huge risk to me, so scrap that idea.
Only time I've read someone do it still on the rig, they pulled the trans to do it, which again, still would cost a lot to have done. So as said, if its rear chains, I don't have a whole lot of choice. I tried my best to beat it to the punch, and I missed, the issue has arisen, I'll do what I have to. Besides, I'll take some bits like the brush guard, some of my LEDs, the rack and such off beforehand most likely, can keep them for the next rig or sell them.

Only time I've read someone do it still on the rig, they pulled the trans to do it, which again, still would cost a lot to have done. So as said, if its rear chains, I don't have a whole lot of choice. I tried my best to beat it to the punch, and I missed, the issue has arisen, I'll do what I have to. Besides, I'll take some bits like the brush guard, some of my LEDs, the rack and such off beforehand most likely, can keep them for the next rig or sell them.
yeah its prolly cheaper to buy a v8 truck as is, but then again... were too sentimental!! :banghead:

yeah its prolly cheaper to buy a v8 truck as is, but then again... were too sentimental!! :banghead:
As said, I can always get another down the line, think I'm going to go to a trade school for auto work anyway, get knowledge, not a horrible way to make a living eithwr. So by then maybe I'll have a place of work to do work on it from, have a home, more cash, and have the knowledge to straight up SAS it off the git go. I'll still hang in here even if I do, help and talk where I can

As said, I can always get another down the line, think I'm going to go to a trade school for auto work anyway, get knowledge, not a horrible way to make a living eithwr. So by then maybe I'll have a place of work to do work on it from, have a home, more cash, and have the knowledge to straight up SAS it off the git go. I'll still hang in here even if I do, help and talk where I can
yep!!! we cant lose you round here!! after all, this log is one of the most replied threads! ;)

yep!!! we cant lose you round here!! after all, this log is one of the most replied threads! ;)
Yeah I noticed that the other day, but part of that is me writing my thoughts and plans like a diary, so I don't forget and can get opinions lol

Yeah I noticed that the other day, but part of that is me writing my thoughts and plans like a diary, so I don't forget and can get opinions lol
still, too valuable to lose you! you better promise to stick around even if the X aint up for a bit!

still, too valuable to lose you! you better promise to stick around even if the X aint up for a bit!
Oh, even I have to get rid of her, I'll still stick around. I love the explorer, second gen especially even with its couple of issues! So eventually I'll probably nab another as a project, but a full size truck (still looking for some broncos to attempt at nearby..) would be nice

Oh, even I have to get rid of her, I'll still stick around. I love the explorer, second gen especially even with its couple of issues! So eventually I'll probably nab another as a project, but a full size truck (still looking for some broncos to attempt at nearby..) would be nice
oooh yes bronc!!! still stickin with fords, me likey! :D dont go nowhere, and hopefully deathrow can stay on the roads!!! lovin this build!

oooh yes bronc!!! still stickin with fords, me likey! :D dont go nowhere, and hopefully deathrow can stay on the roads!!! lovin this build!
May stay on the roads, just maybe not in my hands, unless I get lucky a few years down the road and can buy her back...lol
Bronco is the only worth more than that truck to me, specifically more of a 90-96, but I'll take an older one if its of decent price and shape

May stay on the roads, just maybe not in my hands, unless I get lucky a few years down the road and can buy her back...lol
Bronco is the only worth more than that truck to me, specifically more of a 90-96, but I'll take an older one if its of decent price and shape
demonmudder wants to be OJ and the hoff 🤣 🤣 🤣 jjust messin with ya! yeah those broncs are mighty nice!!!

demonmudder wants to be OJ and the hoff 🤣 🤣 🤣 jjust messin with ya! yeah those broncs are mighty nice!!!
I like what I like lol

I like what I like lol
🤣 🤣 dont worry, fix completely agrees with the taste! love em broncs, and also kitt... lets just say is on my want list!!!

171_132158_300000001.jpg
I love my excursion very much
3-4” lift is all you want on an excursion though 6+ and the ride is gone. Mine sits on 37’s and she is a 7.3 diesel ;)

The 5.4 and the v10 excursions should be pretty cheap right now with gas prices soaring!!! Diesel is even over $5 a gallon sucks so bad

Want to know the best part about our excursion and the story behind it? I traded pinks for it ;) I traded a 01 superduty lariat v10 flatbed straight across…… best deal I ever made on a truck

171_111613_450000000.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I love my excursion very much
3-4” lift is all you want on an excursion though 6+ and the ride is gone. Mine sits on 37’s and she is a 7.3 diesel, she sits on 37’s ;)
The 5.4 and the v10 excursions should be pretty cheap right now with gas prices soaring!!! Diesel is even over $5 a gallon sucks so bad

Want to know the best part about our excursion and the story behind it? I traded pinks for it ;) I traded a 01 superduty lariat v10 flatbed straight across…… best deal I ever made on a truck
dang! lucky! here its even more ;)

Back