-Deathrow Update Log- | Page 29 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

-Deathrow Update Log-

Well, its done, new '95 C1500 Silverado, got it for cheap with little to no rust, a 3" body lift, 33s (that I'll new to get new ones of soon), a recently rebuilt 350 and 4L60E. The main issue is that the u joints are going, which I already have to replace. Didn't want to go the chevy route necessarily, hoped for a '96 or older f150, but this was a dang good deal for an obs chevy in really good shape. I still plan to get another exploder later in life when I have a place and can keep multiple vehicles, hopefully already with a 5.0 in it, or heck, maybe try and buy mine back. By that point, I'll be going all the way with a SAS, SOA, at least 35s, 4.56s, etc... I will revive this thread. But for now, this is the close for Deathrow. If anyone nearby in Northern Florida is interested, $3000 she still runs and drives so you can drive her home, just smokes like the devil. Comes with a crap ton of extra parts like brand new drilled and slotted brakes, brake fluid, water pump, 5th shock (that hardly any of us use anyway), everything for the f150 leaf swap, a limited grille, etc.. could use an idler pulley, fix the passenger tensioner leak, timing chain kit, beyond that, yall know whats been done, shes a good truck that aint ever truly let me down. Even now, shes been pushing on with chain guides breaking and still presses on like a steam engine (get it, engine bay smokes, steam engine, sorry 😂)

Thank you everyone for your help over the time I've been here, really can't say it enough, y'all have saved me a few times! I'll still be around here to help where I can and such, just don't figure rules want me to continue the thread with the C1500, I mean, I would but it is the 'explorer' forum 😂
And hopefully, I'll still get to see some of y'all at truck haven, as long as this ones running right and I can get the time off for it

Updated with the picture

20220516_082748.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, its done, new '95 C1500 Silverado, got it for cheap with little to no rust, a 3" body lift, 33s (that I'll new to get new ones of soon), a recently rebuilt 350 and 4L60E. The main issue is that the u joints are going, which I already have to replace. Didn't want to go the chevy route necessarily, hoped for a '96 or older f150, but this was a dang good deal for an obs chevy in really good shape. I still plan to get another exploder later in life when I have a place and can keep multiple vehicles, hopefully already with a 5.0 in it, or heck, maybe try and buy mine back. By that point, I'll be going all the way with a SAS, SOA, at least 35s, 4.56s, etc... I will revive this thread. But for now, this is the close for Deathrow. If anyone nearby in Northern Florida is interested, $3000 she still runs and drives so you can drive her home, just smokes like the devil. Comes with a crap ton of extra parts like brand new drilled and slotted brakes, brake fluid, water pump, 5th shock (that hardly any of us use anyway), everything for the f150 leaf swap, a limited grille, etc.. could use an idler pulley, fix the passenger tensioner leak, timing chain kit, beyond that, yall know whats been done, shes a good truck that aint ever truly let me down. Even now, shes been pushing on with chain guides breaking and still presses on like a steam engine (get it, engine bay smokes, steam engine, sorry 😂)

Thank you everyone for your help over the time I've been here, really can't say it enough, y'all have saved me a few times! I'll still be around here to help where I can and such, just don't figure rules want me to continue the thread with the C1500, I mean, I would but it is the 'explorer' forum 😂
And hopefully, I'll still get to see some of y'all at truck haven, as long as this ones running right and I can get the time off for it

Updated with the picture

View attachment 429480
If you did maybe this section? Best wishes!
GM - Buick, Cadillac, Chevy, GMC, Hummer, Pontiac,

If you did maybe this section? Best wishes!
GM - Buick, Cadillac, Chevy, GMC, Hummer, Pontiac,
You, are a life saver, been here this long and never saw that. Guess y'all know where to find me 😂
Anyone got name suggestions for the beast? That way I can go ahead and just open up a thread. Already moved my skull, snake skeleton, and severed hand over if that helps with names 😂

You, are a life saver, been here this long and never saw that. Guess y'all know where to find me 😂
Anyone got name suggestions for the beast? That way I can go ahead and just open up a thread. Already moved my skull, snake skeleton, and severed hand over if that helps with names 😂
i so wish i was closer!!!!!! would snatch desthrow up in a heartbeat... to satisfy curiousity i shall now chexk how much shipping is from FL to CA, just so i xan get eid of the nagging feeling that i want to rescue deathrow... if i was closer, i really would!!!!

Ain't going to be cheap to tow but feel free! 😂

I have a 99 Chevy 1500 looks almost identical, on my trailer right now if you need any parts. Ours was hit right front we bought it for the 5.7 and 4l60e to go into an s10
Blazer

Congrats on the new ride, run what ya brung!!

Ain't going to be cheap to tow but feel free! 😂
looks like it starts at 1400... not too bad... but not something thats exactly affordable either at the moment :(

I have a 99 Chevy 1500 looks almost identical, on my trailer right now if you need any parts. Ours was hit right front we bought it for the 5.7 and 4l60e to go into an s10
Blazer

Congrats on the new ride, run what ya brung!!
Oh cool! Sad to hear it got hit. Bet the 5.7 in a blazer would feel seriously powerful! Sucker would take off faster than this truck already does! How's the dash? The one in mine is cracked and held together with metal brackets, if not I'll make a junkyard run for it, not in a rush to fix that

And thank you! Hope to run her for a while!

looks like it starts at 1400... not too bad... but not something thats exactly affordable either at the moment :(
Actually got a guy interested in both my moms f150 and the exploder. Knew shipping it wouldn't be cheap, worse with gas these days

Going to attempt to revive this for some luck. Still ain't gotten rid of her, really hoping to see if anyone around is still possibly interested in nabbing her.

If not, once I have a full job again and some funds, I'm going to do my damndest to keep her, but I'm not sure how I'll be able to, not really anywhere to store her right now. May be able to work something out with my grandmother, but shes already tired of my brother storing two trucks there for like 4 or 5 years, so that's not highly likely. Love how this situation gets more and more "fun". If anyone knows anyone in the northern florida area that could possibly hold onto her for me, please let me know, it would happen when I'm working again and can afford to pay them to store it, but it would be greatly appreciated!

Though, if I do manage to keep her, there will be a minor upgrade happening after shes fixed, got a guy buying the brush guard later this week, so I'll be needing to work on nabbing/building a new either guard or full steel bumper. So that will be something to look forward to if I can!

What type of job you looking for? If you don't mind high places, there is a demand for tower technicians.

What type of job you looking for? If you don't mind high places, there is a demand for tower technicians.
I appreciate it, would look into it but I ain't going near downtown if I can help it, downtown jax is an absolute mess and a full on nightmare, its Atlanta's wannabe, streetwise, not so much traffic wise. So tower technician ain't too likely. I'll avoid the daily stress of downtown, let alone trying to find a place to park for working there, the few times I've had to go into town with the X, I've had to circle the block for almost an hour just to find a spot, which weren't the biggest spots. I'm doing lil' bits of side work till my old jobs restoration is complete in probably October and then I can just go back to that, it's not often ya find a decent job that ya actually love going to, half the time I couldnt wait to go in. I'm doing enough on the side to at least squeeze by for now, most goes into gas, but I have a lil' side cash for food and such.

Annnnd now I've added even more to my list of to dos, can never have enough projects. Finally got these suckers in, some stainless steel tail light reinforcement/guards, need to paint 'em black now so I can throw them on. If anyone wants a link to the tail light guards, feel free to ask, the guy seems to still making them for the 97-01 explorers

View attachment 423718 View attachment 423719
I know its a bit late to be asking this, but do you by chance still have that link for the tail light guards? Haven't had much luck finding any

I know its a bit late to be asking this, but do you by chance still have that link for the tail light guards? Haven't had much luck finding any
You'd have to message 'em about making 'em again, but this is who I bought 'em from. Just had another the other day asking the same thing lol

No guarantees yet, still some things to do first and kinks to work out. But Deathrow, may not stay on death row afterall... add news and plans when they come around, will need a lot of help and info if so.

20210730_141407.jpg

No guarantees yet, still some things to do first and kinks to work out. But Deathrow, may not stay on death row afterall... add news and plans when they come around, will need a lot of help and info if so.

View attachment 441725
Maybe, it's aliiiiiive.....

@DemonMudder It's only a matter of time and money, my guy! Wrenching is like LEGO when you're a kid, you just get that urge to tear into stuff and get building. Timing chains aren't the worst thing that can happen, and thankfully this forum has the road paved for ya.

Just make sure you save the links and the pages themselves, I've been experiencing EF outages recently... annoying when you start a project, and halfway through, need to locate some obscure piece of information, but you can't load EF.

Definitely keeping tabs!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

@DemonMudder It's only a matter of time and money, my guy! Wrenching is like LEGO when you're a kid, you just get that urge to tear into stuff and get building. Timing chains aren't the worst thing that can happen, and thankfully this forum has the road paved for ya.

Just make sure you save the links and the pages themselves, I've been experiencing EF outages recently... annoying when you start a project, and halfway through, need to locate some obscure piece of information, but you can't load EF.

Definitely keeping tabs!
As they say: we dont grow up, our toys just get bigger and louder! The chains ain't the worst thing no, it's more the fact that I have to pull the engine to do it either way, so lean more towards finally getting around to do a 5.0 swap. Least for now that's where I lean mostly, since she'll probably become a more trail oriented rig than I had used her already! Definitely plenty of writeups and even videos on doing both, fixing the sohc or swapping in a 302

I tend to screenshot the important stuff for that exact reason, already making notes with a list of links, parts, and even some people near me that can possibly help me work on it, though I'll probably be moving before I really get started on her, so that list of people or donor vehicle wont do much good since they're in Georgia and Florida and I'll be in Tennessee.
As said, there is a heck of a lot to handle first, but I'm working on getting her back for sure, just probably won't be able to genuinely get to it till about September or later. Need to fix Jade up, start packing some savings away again, packing up and selling stuff so I have less to move since I'll be living in a trailer (hopefully an actually trailer in a trailer park vs a camper or anything till I can put some cash down on a house) for a while, all while also working at least two jobs over the summer and still doing side crap to try and build my cash up. So once things are settled down a bit after the summer the real fun can begin, till then it'll be mostly updates on Jade, once I've squirt things out with my parents about Deathrow then I'll probably add small updates here and there like getting electronics back up and all, needs a battery and due to sitting she'll definitely want some new oil and all, so I'll do a freshen up just enough that she'll run again meaning its transportable and all, but that'll be about it till closer to winter, but I am working things out slowly! A lot happening very fast, but as I said last year anyway, I'm not losing this rig if I can help it, do everything I can!

If y'all have preferred writeups and lists on doing the 302 and 4406 swap, even solid axle swaps, I'll take it; have some saved off already, like the 302 one from vroomboomboom (not sure of his actual name) as an example, but everything helps for sure. Or if anyone knows a fellow explorer near Knoxville or Kingston Tennessee that would be greatly appreciated in case I need help finding parts. Lil' things like that if y'all know some offhand, can leave it in here or send me a message, probably best in this thread; but as said, I'll be needing a lot of help and answers for whatever I end up doing, going to be doing a hell of a lot of research and planning in the meantime!

Back