• Register Today It's free!

Debadged and Grayed Out XLT 2012

mhikeboy

Reaction score
City, State
Dubai
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer XLT
Hi Guys, Have seen a lot of blacking out mods and de badging mods and I thought of going the other way like a few on this forum has done.

I present to you my de badged and greyed out ex!

CUSTOM DE BADGED GRILL:

20140602_162921_zps1a948fdd.jpg

CUSTOM DE BADGED REAR TRIM

20140602_163019_zps2aa2edef.jpg

BODY COLOR PAINTED FRONT / REAR BUMPERS AND LOWER SIDE MOULDINGS

20140602_110300_zpsc9974e1b.jpg

20140602_162947_zps2ac84b3d.jpg

CUSTOM PAINTED STOCK RIMS (OUTER GRAY AND INNER GLOSS BLACK)

20140602_162957_zps816a1c5f.jpg

I am really eager to upgrade to 22's but I am still a long way to wearing out my tires so I opted to paint my rims at the moment.

Cheers!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How does the ford emblem attach to the front grille?
Is yours an entirely new grille or was the emblem just removed?

I like it, nice job!!

How does the ford emblem attach to the front grille?
Is yours an entirely new grille or was the emblem just removed?

The emblem part was cut and then fiber glassed, the top and bottom part as well was fiber glassed to fill the holes to make it also flat.

I like it, nice job!!

Thanks

Now it needs some flat black vinyl on that recessed middle portion of the hood

Hahaha! Great minds think alike I guess!

Looks awesome. Very nice job.

NICE! Great job!

Very clean job on the grille. I'm currently working on this for my next project, then bodywork on the tailgate to smooth out the oval entirely. You also gave your stock rims a great facelift.

Very clean job on the grille. I'm currently working on this for my next project, then bodywork on the tailgate to smooth out the oval entirely. You also gave your stock rims a great facelift.

I have shaved out the EXPLORER lettering on the rear trim and was thinking to do the ovals as well, but I was not sure at that time, could you post pics of the rear once you're done? Thanks

Great job, it'll look amazing with bigger rims

Great job, it'll look amazing with bigger rims

I totally agree! but I still have around 20,000km more to wear off my existing tires. till then, Im good with my painted rims.

I have shaved out the EXPLORER lettering on the rear trim and was thinking to do the ovals as well, but I was not sure at that time, could you post pics of the rear once you're done? Thanks

Will do. And since I'm removing the rear badge, I'll have to smooth my License Lamp Shield like you did :D

Nice job!! What are the details/specs on the driving lights/DRL's under the front plate?

Wow nice ride! I hate chrome and have eliminated almost all of it, so seeing this puts me in happy mode.

Nice job!! What are the details/specs on the driving lights/DRL's under the front plate?

Thanks Glock, I bought the DRL's from a local auto accessories shop. They are 6 led drl's that are super bright, also used as turn signal lights. the lens are smoked black which I really love coz its more stealthy.

Thanks Glock, I bought the DRL's from a local auto accessories shop. They are 6 led drl's that are super bright, also used as turn signal lights. the lens are smoked black which I really love coz its more stealthy.

:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back