Debadged and Grayed Out XLT 2012 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Debadged and Grayed Out XLT 2012

Those are dark smoke vinyl film for the amber lens tint and gloss black vinyl 3/4 inch strip stickers for the headlight contours

Used VHT niteshades and gloss paint for the tail lights.

Hi, Newbie here. Can anyone point me towards a How-to for this? And what / where to order the supplies? This looks SWEET.
Thanks in advance.

Hi, Newbie here. Can anyone point me towards a How-to for this? And what / where to order the supplies? This looks SWEET.
Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
There are several; threads on different topics on these mods but I don't recall a "How To" thread for everything. You can use the 'Search' feature in the upper right to find threads on different items. It may take a bit of getting used to using the feature in order to narrow your search but most of the threads are all in the 'Modified' subforum.
Here are a two; My blacked out Explorer , Changing Out Front/Rear Emblems

Peter

Hi Guys, Have seen a lot of blacking out mods and de badging mods and I thought of going the other way like a few on this forum has done.

I present to you my de badged and greyed out ex!

CUSTOM DE BADGED GRILLE:

View attachment 294660

CUSTOM DE BADGED REAR TRIM

View attachment 294661

BODY COLOR PAINTED FRONT / REAR BUMPERS AND LOWER SIDE MOULDINGS

View attachment 294662

View attachment 294663

CUSTOM PAINTED STOCK RIMS (OUTER GRAY AND INNER GLOSS BLACK)

View attachment 294664

I am really eager to upgrade to 22's but I am still a long way to wearing out my tires so I opted to paint my rims at the moment.

Cheers!
What paint did you use for the rims? Love it!!

Back