Debut of 2016 Explorer | Page 17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Debut of 2016 Explorer

Just found out that 'Massaging Seats' are an optional feature on some models. Never read anything about that feature before.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I visited a dealership yesterday to check out the 16. They are saying that you cannot add BLISS to the XLT, it's something I want. They also said Platinum only comes in a beige leather, can this be right? They were not sure when they would start building the Platinum. I believe he also stated that the 2nd row is bucket seats only.

I am giving up on my 11 Explorer - fully loaded. I usually drive my cars a long time but the equity is good and I am tired of all of the issues : (

Any other cars that I should look at? I am looking for 7 passenger, all the safety features (BLISS, lane departure, collision warning, back up etc.). Thanks in advance for any input!

I visited a dealership yesterday to check out the 16. They are saying that you cannot add BLISS to the XLT, it's something I want. They also said Platinum only comes in a beige leather, can this be right? They were not sure when they would start building the Platinum. I believe he also stated that the 2nd row is bucket seats only.

I am giving up on my 11 Explorer - fully loaded. I usually drive my cars a long time but the equity is good and I am tired of all of the issues : (

Any other cars that I should look at? I am looking for 7 passenger, all the safety features (BLISS, lane departure, collision warning, back up etc.). Thanks in advance for any input!
Kim, BLIS is available on the XLT and YES, the Platinum has just the one interior colour although they don't refer to it as beige.
Go to the Ford.com website and you can build which ever model you want and see the available features and price.
In regards to 7 passenger seating, be aware that it is next to impossible to seat 3 adults in the 3nd row. The middle 'seat' is only about 11 inches wide. The 2nd row can be either a bench or buckets. It seems your salesperson isn't too well informed.

Peter

Just found out that 'Massaging Seats' are an optional feature on some models. Never read anything about that feature before.

Peter

These have been a around for a couple of years. The Taurus has them as well as some of the Lincolns.

These have been a around for a couple of years. The Taurus has them as well as some of the Lincolns.
I meant that I had not read anything about that feature being available on the 2016 Explorer.

Peter

I meant that I had not read anything about that feature being available on the 2016 Explorer.

Peter

Was pleasantly surprised to find this on my 2016 that arrived today. Although I would have traded that for sync3 any day..

Congratulations ..pictures please!

Your dealer is not really deserving to deal with, apparently they know nothing about all the possible options for different trim levels.
Go to Ford website and do build&price, you'll find that lot of features available for different trim levels.
Adding BLIS to XLT costs just $500 CAD, but it seems to be the ONLY neat feature you are able to add to XLT, no lane assist, nothing else. If you want those you gotta go with Limited at least.
Leather colour for Platinum is mentioned as "Nirvana" (Medium Soft Ceramic) and YES apparently it is the only option available.
Platinum comes standard with 3-seat second row, bucket seat are extra $500CAD and floor console is another $150CAD.

Looks like they're starting to make it to New York dealers. Quite a few dealers on Long Island (NY) have received one XLT as their websites finally show in stock instead of dealer ordered. I called one and confirmed they have one XLT there.

My dealer has a white Limited in stock. I'm going to check it out later today.

They don't have it on the lot yet. My salesman was off, so I didn't get to see it. Frustrating to wait.

My wife just got her 2016 this past Monday! Tons of features it will take months to figure it all out. This is our first ever Explorer and so far so good. It's a white platinum Limited!

My wife just got her 2016 this past Monday! Tons of features it will take months to figure it all out. This is our first ever Explorer and so far so good. It's a white platinum Limited!
Congratulations on being one of the first members to have a 2016 in the 'family'.:thumbsup:
It would also be helpful if you updated your profile to show the model (Limited) so it appears in the margin. Thanks and welcome to the Forum. :wavey:

Peter

that infiniti qx60 is a sweet looking vehicle - though that cvt transmission spooks me

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Muticontour is the correct name for the massaging seats. They have been available on the Taurus for 2 or 3 years. They are standard on the Explorer Platinum.

Back