Debut of 2016 Explorer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Debut of 2016 Explorer

This thread is not about one generation vs another nor does it ask for anyone's opinions on either. It is about the discussion on the 2016 Explorer. That is why we have different sub forums.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

+1

I've test driven the newer Sport every year . . . . it just feels like a momma's minivan to me.

To those of you who like it - I look at you and think you're a momma. :salute:

Well, if you're gonna be childish about it, I think you're using your "manly" truck to compensate for something lacking in your manlihood.

Yes, I said it. See how absurd that sounds? Your "momma" comment sounds just as ludicrous.

Personally, I don;t see the 2016 model as much of an "upgrade" to the current generation to warrant a trade up. The peppier power package options are nice but for our purposes (actually for my wife's purposes), we're fine with "just" the standard 6 cyl.

With that said, when the Expedition or the Navigator EB engine reviews start rolling in, then we might be talking trade-up :thumbsup:

Sure hope they fix the dreaded leaky roof...

I can get your regional customer service manager to assist, broken strut. Please PM me your VIN, odometer reading, full name, daytime phone number, and dealer info; I'll escalate your concern.

Kwasi

I've read on several sources that 2015 Edge will come with LED headlights like new Mondeo (Fusion) in Europe.

Caption: "The Edge has fared well in safety tests, and this year it adds a new airbag mounted in the glovebox frame, to better protect passenger knees. Bluetooth is standard across the board, while a rearview camera is standard on most models. Available safety features include LED headlamps, forward-collision warnings, parking assist with perpendicular parking now factored in, and rear-seat inflatable seat belts. A new front- and rear-camera system and parking sensors should make this the easiest Edge to park, ever."

Full text: http://www.thecarconnection.com/overview/ford_edge_2015

Don't believe everything you read on the internet, especially from automotive journalists who are notorious for making stuff up. Here's the official Ford order guide. NO LED HEADLIGHTS.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/15318-2015-order-guide/page-5

Don't believe everything you read on the internet, especially from automotive journalists who are notorious for making stuff up. Here's the official Ford order guide. NO LED HEADLIGHTS.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/15318-2015-order-guide/page-5

That's the source I could find right now, but when it was unveiled LED was mentioned, may be N/A market sucks again? pretty sure it will have LED in Europe and maybe other markets too...
As I mentioned Europe's Mondeo aka Fusion got LED headlights, while N/A Fusion doesn't have them even though it is totally the same vehicle.

It seems that Ford sometimes uses Europe as a 'test market' for items that will be introduced in North America later. The 2015 Mondeo is also being equipped with Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection which will then be introduced to our market in various 2016 Ford and Lincoln models.

Peter

I can get your regional customer service manager to assist, broken strut. Please PM me your VIN, odometer reading, full name, daytime phone number, and dealer info; I'll escalate your concern.

Kwasi

I already have a case #. The manager calls when I told him not to because of my hours of work. I have left multiple messages on his answering machine. How many times do you have to tell somebody to call after 3pm Atlantic time. It's not rocket science. Then when I call him back it's always his answering machine. Ridiculous.

Looks like they considered the roof leak;
rail assembly is different,
rails look to be on par with other brands-low, minimal structure up on top, sealed all along the rail line on roof.

Ill bet the new mount points for the rails are not the same junk as in all prior 5th gen models, and likely the channel under the rail assembly isnt a gutter-if it is I bet its redesigned with the new rail system.
Mine wasn't leaking from the roof rack. Apparently they're playing a guessing game. First it was the roof rack. Then it was a weld seam near the lift gate hinges. Now it's the moon roof.

Well at least all three areas have been responsible for leaks. Still waiting for the first leak report on a 2015 model.

Peter

Well at least all three areas have been responsible for leaks. Still waiting for the first leak report on a 2015 model.

Peter
Yes that's comforting. They still can't figure out where the leaks coming from!

It seems that Ford sometimes uses Europe as a 'test market' for items that will be introduced in North America later. The 2015 Mondeo is also being equipped with Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection which will then be introduced to our market in various 2016 Ford and Lincoln models.

Peter

yep, it might be the case.
I spoke recently to my dealer about LED headlights, he said it is not approved yet by transportation Canada (I have no idea where US stands on that matter).
I know dealers sometime can provide you with non-reliable information, but anyway...
Apparently this "Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection" is the advanced "Active City Stop" technology which is offered on Europe's Focus

yep, it might be the case.
I spoke recently to my dealer about LED headlights, he said it is not approved yet by transportation Canada (I have no idea where US stands on that matter).
I know dealers sometime can provide you with non-reliable information, but anyway...
Apparently this "Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection" is the advanced "Active City Stop" technology which is offered on Europe's Focus

You should ask your dealer how they sell the '15 Escalade in Canada as they have LED headlights.

I don't think that is a 2016 Explorer. Probably a 2015 that is being used for modification/advertising display purposes. The 2016 by all accounts now has the shark fin antenna whereas the one in the picture does not.

Peter

Im told the 2016 will be released at the show on the 18th or 19th, not today.

I think I better start saving a few bucks here and there if I'm going Platinum.
I'd like to see what the other models look like as well.

Thanks Glockfan.

Peter

Exterior

ScreenShot2014-11-18at102248PM_zpsc674eae6.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Beautiful but not a fan of wood grain, the option list will be interesting along with how its bundled.

I'm interested to know what the SPORT will build out like.

The Platinum may or may not have the tuning and suspension of the SPORT we shall have to see.

I want the SPORT performance with a few of the Limited options, LED lights, Auto Wipers, Lane Keep, PowerFold 2/3 rows.

Back