jsgoofn

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Beautiful Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Explorer ST-Line
fordsupersnakesite.jpg
I am thinking about getting my Explorer hood done like this. The stripe would be on the hood and back but not the roof.
What do you think? Or does it look stupid...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your ride. Your preferences.

@jonnoriega has stripes on the hood and back of his black Platinum. I think it looks pretty good. I have considered adding matte black stripes on my hood.

View attachment 97396 I am thinking about getting my Explorer hood done like this. The stripe would be on the hood and back but not the roof.
What do you think? Or does it look stupid...

Thanks for the mention @Eric F - This was done by Rage Wraps in Edinah, IL. They suggested it, I was a little apprehensive but it turned out great. I say go for it @jsgoofn!
IMG_1674.JPG
17388781_10212421478997013_5233173394577580910_o.jpg

For a few bucks at Autozone... test it yourself, before you do expensive vinyl.

18814847_10212099157531011_7102498423561947847_o.jpg

18766813_10212099158211028_3318355455143055125_o.jpg

Cool! I will check it out!

Nice...great ideas... thanks!

I think it will look good with a hood design. I like how @jonnoriega's look. They stand out, but aren't super noticeable, either (and I've seen it in person for what that's worth.) Actually going to do my wife's Pitch Black '16 Charger with Matte Black hood stripes after seeing Jon's Ex. Just haven't decided on the 'R/T' or 'Hemi' design yet. Of course I'm hoping that next spring we'll be putting a Scat Pack hood on it so the decision might not make much difference, anyway. :p

At any rate I'm hoping once the hood stripes are on the Charger the wife lets me do the same color scheme to my Ex. *crosses fingers* :D

I think it will look good with a hood design. I like how @jonnoriega's look. They stand out, but aren't super noticeable, either (and I've seen it in person for what that's worth.) Actually going to do my wife's Pitch Black '16 Charger with Matte Black hood stripes after seeing Jon's Ex. Just haven't decided on the 'R/T' or 'Hemi' design yet. Of course I'm hoping that next spring we'll be putting an Scat Pack hood on it so the decision might not make much difference, anyway. :p

At any rate I'm hoping one the hood stripes are on the Charger the wife lets me do the same color scheme to my Ex. *crosses fingers* :D

HEMI design of course. ;)

A good idea to consider could be wrapping the scoop in the middle of the hood with some kind of matte black. I'm talking about the shallow valley thing in the center of the hood.

I was thinking about that too. Similar to @jonnoriega.

I think it will look good with a hood design. I like how @jonnoriega's look. They stand out, but aren't super noticeable, either (and I've seen it in person for what that's worth.) Actually going to do my wife's Pitch Black '16 Charger with Matte Black hood stripes after seeing Jon's Ex. Just haven't decided on the 'R/T' or 'Hemi' design yet. Of course I'm hoping that next spring we'll be putting a Scat Pack hood on it so the decision might not make much difference, anyway. :p

At any rate I'm hoping once the hood stripes are on the Charger the wife lets me do the same color scheme to my Ex. *crosses fingers* :D
So you've seen a red one with the hood design like @jonnoriega? I really like his design too but I was thinking that it might look unfinished with only the smaller design since it would be so obvious on the red color versus the subdued on the black color.

A good idea to consider could be wrapping the scoop in the middle of the hood with some kind of matte black. I'm talking about the shallow valley thing in the center of the hood.
I'm guessing you mean like the 2nd link in post #4.

Thanks, Peter...I did see that before but the pic is pretty dark.

Thanks, Peter...I did see that before but the pic is pretty dark.
I just thought I'd throw that link in there as an idea knowing that it isn't really what you were after. Good luck with your project. I don't believe an Ex has been done before to the extent that the Mustang was.

Peter

I just thought I'd throw that link in there as an idea knowing that it isn't really what you were after. Good luck with your project. I don't believe an Ex has been done before to the extent that the Mustang was.

Peter
Thanks! Knowing how I am, it will take a lot of back and forth before I do this...and of course a few $$ to do it with!

So you've seen a red one with the hood design like @jonnoriega? I really like his design too but I was thinking that it might look unfinished with only the smaller design since it would be so obvious on the red color versus the subdued on the black color.
That's what I get for posting early in the morning, haha. Haven't seen a red one in person with @jonnoriega's stripes, no, but I've seen some in pics that I've liked. I was trying to say I've seen Jon's in person and I really like the look.

Honestly I don't think you can go wrong with either the 'center scoop' or striping like Jon's. You could probably do either glossy or matte black on either, too, but I'd personally go with the matte finish either way. Of course take what I say with a grain of salt because there's still the part of me that wants to put orange stripes on both the wife's Charger and my Ex (to match the calipers.) :):p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I really do appreciate your opinion. It really helps in deciding. I like the idea of matte black too. As @drudis suggested, I think I will pick up some vinyl wrap from AutoZone and do a test run.

And I know many don't like the orange calipers but I think they look cool. ;)

Back