Deciphering wire color abbreviations ? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! Once registered you can join the Elite Explorers to eliminate ads from the website.

Deciphering wire color abbreviations ?

Ruddy

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Explorer XLT V8 4WD
Callsign
Ruddy
Found this great post with actual PCM pinouts to debug my cruise surging and AC craziness.

I can guess, but not sure what YE, BU-WH and VT-OG are for pins 16,17 and 18.

Btw, hopeful for solution since this close group of pins is related to my exact problems!

Join the Elite Explorers $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1sicbronconut

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Rapid City
Year, Model & Trim Level
1968 Ford Bronco
YE=yellow, BU-WH=blue with a white trace, VT-OG= violet with an orange trace, after 33 years as a Ford technician you learn these things :) the problem is Ford is using a lot 22-gauge wires now a days and it's getting tough for my 60-year-old eyes to see the trace colors!!

Ruddy

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Explorer XLT V8 4WD
Callsign
Ruddy
YE=yellow, BU-WH=blue with a white trace, VT-OG= violet with an orange trace, after 33 years as a Ford technician you learn these things :) the problem is Ford is using a lot 22-gauge wires now a days and it's getting tough for my 60-year-old eyes to see the trace colors!!
Thank you and I hear you! I'm closing in on 65 and up to power 2.5 on what my Dad use to call "Dime store glasses" ;-)

1sicbronconut

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Rapid City
Year, Model & Trim Level
1968 Ford Bronco
Thank you and I hear you! I'm closing in on 65 and up to power 2.5 on what my Dad use to call "Dime store glasses" ;-)
Only 2.0 for me :) same on the cheap glasses I have pairs of them all over the place I even have my wife carry a very small pair for me in her purse in case I forget mine.

J_C

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Florence, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 XLT 4WD 4.0L SOHC
It's also harder to decipher them if your lighting is low CRI, LED or fluorescent based.

07EddyB

Reaction score
City, State
Bowling Green, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Ford Explorer 4.6 V8
It's also harder to decipher them if your lighting is low CRI, LED or fluorescent based.
Hell it's getting to the point that I can't tell which battery cable is positive without a 1000W halogen light :banghead:

Ruddy

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Explorer XLT V8 4WD
Callsign
Ruddy
I already ran into one problem. Solid yellow wire supposed to be on AC plug, but I found it in on the TPS (throttle position sensor).
Maybe TPS notifying computer at WOT to turn off AC?