• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership!

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Deep Base Type Noise - Tires?

D075407

Reaction score
City, State
Perkasie. Pa 18944
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer XLT
Just leased 2020 Explorer XLT . Within a week of having the car I complained to dealer that car is very noisey when hitting the littlest bumps even driving slow speed. The noise is like a deep base sound like deep noise from a radio it hurts your ears. They thought it was the tires and told me Ford put a yellow foam inside the tires to help with the ride to make the ride quieter at assembly at the factory. Long story short they said they couldn’t scrape the stuff out of tires and therefore swapped my tires with another new car on lot. That didn’t fix problem. Then they ordered me new tires and when they took the second set of tires off of my car to put new ordered tires on they notice that these tires didn’t have the yellow foam . End result ford told me it’s a characteristic of the cars and there is now nothing more they can do.
I am so disgusted new car and now I stuck with getting sick every time I drive because it gives me migraine headaches .

anyone else have same issue bc they are telling me I am the first to complain. For a 47,000 Car it is made if cheap plastic and I am very unhappy I bought this car . This is my 5th ford and honestly the first time I have ever had a problem with Ford.

SteveAZ

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Mesa, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Platinum
join the club. Read the attachment...Yes, and mine still rattles.

Attachments

• I have the same odd sound in my front suspension like something is loose.pdf
    217.5 KB · Views: 27

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Welcome to the Forum D075407. :wave:
The reason for putting foam in the tires is to reduce noise. It is designed to stop exactly what you are hearing when hitting bumps. Sounds like it isn't working. FYI, this is the first such thread linking it to the tires.

Peter

SteveAZ

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Mesa, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Platinum
Just leased 2020 Explorer XLT . Within a week of having the car I complained to dealer that car is very noisey when hitting the littlest bumps even driving slow speed. The noise is like a deep base sound like deep noise from a radio it hurts your ears. They thought it was the tires and told me Ford put a yellow foam inside the tires to help with the ride to make the ride quieter at assembly at the factory. Long story short they said they couldn’t scrape the stuff out of tires and therefore swapped my tires with another new car on lot. That didn’t fix problem. Then they ordered me new tires and when they took the second set of tires off of my car to put new ordered tires on they notice that these tires didn’t have the yellow foam . End result ford told me it’s a characteristic of the cars and there is now nothing more they can do.
I am so disgusted new car and now I stuck with getting sick every time I drive because it gives me migraine headaches .

anyone else have same issue bc they are telling me I am the first to complain. For a 47,000 Car it is made if cheap plastic and I am very unhappy I bought this car . This is my 5th ford and honestly the first time I have ever had a problem with Ford.
Curious, is your XLT 4-wheel drive? There seems to be consensus that the noise is only in the 4-wheel units