Deep Sleep Mode | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Deep Sleep Mode

My dealership updated my modules and the battery died again 2 days later. It was a bad battery. Maybe the modules put too much drain on the battery and it can't recover. I got a new battery and it has been fine for 5 months now, knock on wood.
Hi my dealership finally found the issue it’s a faulty connector in the trunk and apparently should solve the issue crossing my fingers...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi my dealership finally found the issue it’s a faulty connector in the trunk and apparently should solve the issue crossing my fingers...
Please report back later to let us know. Thanks.

Peter

I've read and looked at most threads here but they are from 2019 and 2020. I've replaced the battery, etc... and still can't get a fix. Now I enter Deep Sleep mode with 2 days of not driving the vehicle. Seems like something is wrong here. Any fixes from Ford? What to ask the dealership to do? Please no guesses here or suggestions to run a charger to the battery, not looking for those solutions, seeking a Ford dealer fix. Thanks.

^^Your thread was merged with this one on the same topic, A new post will move it back to the current page.

Peter

I've read and looked at most threads here but they are from 2019 and 2020. I've replaced the battery, etc... and still can't get a fix. Now I enter Deep Sleep mode with 2 days of not driving the vehicle. Seems like something is wrong here. Any fixes from Ford? What to ask the dealership to do? Please no guesses here or suggestions to run a charger to the battery, not looking for those solutions, seeking a Ford dealer fix. Thanks.

You replaced it or the dealer replaced it? Did a dealer load test it? Did they check to see if the alternator is charging properly? Did they check if there was any minor draw from the electrical system? Did you have the TSB performed that updated the software for this issue (if your vehicle falls within the date range)?

Did you do the following?

After battery replacement, or in some
cases after charging the battery with an
external charger, the battery management
system requires eight hours of vehicle sleep
time to relearn the battery state of charge.
During this time your vehicle must remain
fully locked with the ignition switched off.

If not, there is a chance the Battery Management System may have retained the old memory.

Peter

My 2020 Platinum is approximately 30 months old now, I am getting a message that it has gone into deep sleep mode and the remote control features have been disabled. I am thinking about having the battery tested. I did drive it on Saturday for a couple of hours, it sat until today when the message popped up.
Maybe time for new battery?

TBill

Have you gotten all the related modules updated that were listed in the deep sleep TSB? I used to get deep sleep somewhat frequently and then got the modules updated. No problem since. Not even during the cold winter where I usually have problems. I have a 6/2019 build, so we are close in age.

I also like having my radar detector in voltage mode where I can see what the alternator is doing and what voltage is listed with the engine is cut. Pretty confident my battery is still solid.

I am not aware of any TSB done to my vehicle regarding Deep Sleep mode. This just started happening in the last few months, hence why I suspected the battery.

TBill

Back