Deep Sleep Mode | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Deep Sleep Mode

Guess I'll join in, got my st 3 weeks ago , if it sits for one full day I get the deep sleep message and the battery is completely dead, truck needs to be jumped to get it started. Currently at dealership , they can't find anything wrong.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Guess I'll join in, got my st 3 weeks ago , if it sits for one full day I get the deep sleep message and the battery is completely dead, truck needs to be jumped to get it started. Currently at dealership , they can't find anything wrong.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
According to post #33, it may not be an issue with the vehicle.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
According to post #33, it may not be an issue with the vehicle.

Peter
Mine is completely dead when this happens, nothing works, door locks, interior lights, nothing. When I hook the jumper box up it clicks for a second before starting. The battery is definitely dead on mine. When I test drove it at dealership it was dead and needed to be jumped, I assumed someone left something on

Mine is completely dead when this happens, nothing works, door locks, interior lights, nothing. When I hook the jumper box up it clicks for a second before starting. The battery is definitely dead on mine. When I test drove it at dealership it was dead and needed to be jumped, I assumed someone left something on

There are others that have had issues with the wiring harness and shorting. That would immediately drain the battery. There is also a recall for the wiring harness on some ST's

There was something this morning that caused a mass action of setting deep sleep mode from Fordpass but is obviously sounds like yours was real and induced by a very low battery voltage.

Unfortunately I think that may be the case, this is wonderful as i just made my second lease payment and the car is in the service center. They called today and basically said they see nothing wrong and they want to keep overnight to monitor it.

Unfortunately I think that may be the case, this is wonderful as i just made my second lease payment and the car is in the service center. They called today and basically said they see nothing wrong and they want to keep overnight to monitor it.
What is your build date?

Once a battery goes dead once, it is never the same and should be replaced.

What is your build date?
8/06/2019, they just called me and said something needed to be reprogrammed.. hopefully that was all, besides the battery issue the truck is amazing.

I had the same issue. The Dealer reprogrammed it and it hasn't happened again. The reprogramming did turn the overhead/dome light on and it won't turn off with the doors closed. I had to turn them off, but now they don't come on with the doors open.

I haven't had a chance to get it back to the dealership to have the dome light corrected.

Welcome to the Forum Eric.:wave:

Peter

Took my 2020 Platinum for a 40-mile ride today (mostly highway) and stopped for lunch. Halfway through my cheeseburger, I received a "Deep Sleep Mode Activated" FordPass alert on my phone. Can't believe the battery discharged that much during the 10-15 minutes I was inside the restaurant, so I'm thinking this was just a glitch.

Upon leaving the restaurant, my Explorer started normally and has behaved itself all day. I'll run conductance and load tests on the battery tomorrow.

I had the same issue. The Dealer reprogrammed it and it hasn't happened again. The reprogramming did turn the overhead/dome light on and it won't turn off with the doors closed. I had to turn them off, but now they don't come on with the doors open.

I haven't had a chance to get it back to the dealership to have the dome light corrected.
That makes me feel better that the issue is fixed, I'll check the dome lights.

I ran load and conductance tests on my 2020 Platinum's battery today. It passed the load test with flying colors and my Midtronics tester measured 12.40 volts when connected to the battery after the load test. I performed a conductance test with the Midtronics tester, and it says the battery is good to deliver 1,015 cranking amps. Ford rates their factory-installed BAGM-48H6-760 battery at 760 amps, so my battery exceeds expectations.

FWIW, here are pics of volts and amps shown on the Midtronics PBT-200 tester:

Explorer Volts.jpg

Explorer Amps.jpg

I ran load and conductance tests on my 2020 Platinum's battery today. It passed the load test with flying colors and my Midtronics tester measured 12.40 volts when connected to the battery after the load test. I performed a conductance test with the Midtronics tester, and it says the battery is good to deliver 1,015 cranking amps. Ford rates their factory-installed BAGM-48H6-760 battery at 760 amps, so my battery exceeds expectations.

FWIW, here are pics of volts and amps shown on the Midtronics PBT-200 tester:

View attachment 175210

View attachment 175212
Good to hear that there is nothing wrong with your battery

Did anyone get another Deep Sleep notice today? I got one just before 7 Am this morning. I hadn’t driven it since Sat afternoon and battery is fully charged. Should only do that if 14 days without a start or battery voltage drops below 9.5 Volts. Sounds like FordPass is having a some issues

Figured I would post an update to my truck dying after a day off not being used. They updated the program at the service center and everything seems to be working as intended. I let it sit for two days and it started right up. No more deep sleep messages either.

So I need some advice with the battery drain issue.

The CE(verything)O at home has okay-ed either a Platinum or ST for the first half of next year.

Our garage is a few blocks away as we live in an urban environment. We primarily use our car on weekends only. And there are times that we might not use it for a few weeks also - I recall not using our car for about four weeks once in a while. Never had a problem starting up with the current car [2015 Hyundai].

How much of a concern should this drain issue be to us?

We cannot install a minder/tender. And I am not sure how the garage would feel about us remote starting it either.

Any recommendations and inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jay

Just my opinion, but any car that has the battery drain in a few days of non-use is broken and needs to be fixed. I have an Audi that is chock full of electronic stuff that sometimes doesn't get driven for many weeks. It has never failed to start and this with a 7 year old battery. It will go into a mode where the keyless entry shuts down and you have to push the button on the remote to unlock the door, but that's it.

So I need some advice with the battery drain issue.

The CE(verything)O at home has okay-ed either a Platinum or ST for the first half of next year.

Our garage is a few blocks away as we live in an urban environment. We primarily use our car on weekends only. And there are times that we might not use it for a few weeks also - I recall not using our car for about four weeks once in a while. Never had a problem starting up with the current car [2015 Hyundai].

How much of a concern should this drain issue be to us?

We cannot install a minder/tender. And I am not sure how the garage would feel about us remote starting it either.

Any recommendations and inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jay

I would not worry about it. Manual says 14 days without starting will enable deep sleep. This is to shut down all the wireless (ford pass, 4g modem etc). You will still be able to start your car when you get inside.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks blwnsmoke:

I re-read all the original posts and the various other forums you had mentioned way earlier.

Seems like a few hits and misses but all works out. Will probably request a new battery or do it myself when the time comes as a little precaution.

Jay

Back