Deep Sleep Mode | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Deep Sleep Mode

PAUL WALTERS - Which dealer have you been taking it to?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Curious as to why this only seems to affect the Explorer. N
Please let me know what the fix is. Thanks
Welcome to the Forum Paul. :wave:
This doesn't seem to be a battery issue. But whatever it is, it seems to only affect the Explorer and not the Aviator judging by the posts.

Peter

My 2020 Ford Explorer ST is in the shop a second time for battery issues. Something is draining the battery, whether I'm using the vehicle or not. It died the first time in the garage after sitting for 2 days (resolution: new battery). The second time happened after going on a 100 mile trip. Dealership said they are updating the BCM to resolve the issue (they used their internal forum to find out about this known issue).

My 2020 Ford Explorer ST is in the shop a second time for battery issues. Something is draining the battery, whether I'm using the vehicle or not. It died the first time in the garage after sitting for 2 days (resolution: new battery). The second time happened after going on a 100 mile trip. Dealership said they are updating the BCM to resolve the issue (they used their internal forum to find out about this known issue).
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Your post was moved to this thread on a similar issue. It seems the update is supposed to resolve the issue.

Peter

Mine did this again 2 days ago after it was driven a couple days earlier. This is the 6th time since new. No, I haven't been able to get into the dealer to get it resolved with my work hours.

Mine did this again 2 days ago after it was driven a couple days earlier. This is the 6th time since new. No, I haven't been able to get into the dealer to get it resolved with my work hours.
Did you get the update done that members mentioned in this thread? I'm not sure if that is what you meant in your post about getting it resolved.

Peter

Did you get the update done that members mentioned in this thread? I'm not sure if that is what you meant in your post about getting it resolved.

Peter
correct, not yet been able to get it to the dealer for the update. Been working 79 to 86 hr weeks since mid February

FYI - here’s the Ford SSM 48757 addressing Deep Sleep Mode

Attachments

• SSM 48757 - Deep Sleep.pdf
    65.8 KB · Views: 283

UPDATE: The software fixed the issue for about 2 weeks. On the way back to the dealership (parts came in for Driverside Heated Seat issue), the same fault came back on a block from the dealership. I left the vehicle running in the service lane until their mechanic can diagnose it. Traced it out to a GROUNDING ISSUE off a control board (on the passenger's side) of the engine bay?!?!?!?!

Anyways, it hasn't come back yet but I'll keep driving it long distances to ensure it doesn't leave me stranded on any long car trips.

Oh boy... Grounding issues are the bane of electronic systems; and also very difficult to find in something as complex as a modern automobile. You are lucky your tech found it, and if ground problems are going to be commonplace in these vehicles it won't be pretty...

Oh boy... Grounding issues are the bane of electronic systems; and also very difficult to find in something as complex as a modern automobile. You are lucky your tech found it, and if ground problems are going to be commonplace in these vehicles it won't be pretty...

Especially to the number of electronic features in this vehicle. The front seats alone have: Electronic Seat Adjustments, Heated, Cooled, Various Massage Settings, etc.

If I'm going to keep having electrical issues, I'm going to have return this vehicle back to Audi...(I meant Ford). :cool:

I have had my 2020 Explorer Platinum about three weeks. I recently left it in the garage for a trip (6 days), and on the return flight home I received a "Deep Sleep Mode Activated" FordPass alert on my phone. When I got back to the car, it would not start or respond, and acted like it had a completely drained battery. I was forced to jump it to get it going (last night).

I've triple checked for lights or other accessories on, and found nothing. The auto-start stop also seems disabled, which makes we wonder if there is a battery issue. Unfortunately, I just received another such alert, and am now wondering what to do next on this Labor day weekend. Anyone else experienced a similar issue?

P.S. I dare you all to figure out how to remove the battery on this vehicle.
Did you ever figure this out? I got a 2020 Explorer and the battery went dead at least 10x as I travel and let it sit for days at a time. I determined that 5 days was the magic number. I checked every light, every possible options. Locking, not locking, etc... Dealer put in a new battery, and off I went with problem solved, until I let the car sit for 6 days, dead again. Would love to know what you found out?????

Did you ever figure this out? I got a 2020 Explorer and the battery went dead at least 10x as I travel and let it sit for days at a time. I determined that 5 days was the magic number. I checked every light, every possible options. Locking, not locking, etc... Dealer put in a new battery, and off I went with problem solved, until I let the car sit for 6 days, dead again. Would love to know what you found out?????
The Dealership should update the modules and it should take care of that problem. They are supposed to have update software for the modules.

I also got a battery replacement and discovered that wasn't the fix. There is software updates required to a few modules, but that also wasn't the full fix. My battery cap had malfunction issues, parts were shipped overnight, & NOW it's been functional for a couple months now. Longest run yet!

I would ask the dealership to check out all 3!!! There should be an internal Service Announcement open for this issue though Ford by now.

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
FYI, the member you quoted hasn't been seen here since Dec. 1, 2019, and may no longer be following this thread.

Peter

I also got a battery replacement and discovered that wasn't the fix. There is software updates required to a few modules, but that also wasn't the full fix. My battery cap had malfunction issues, parts were shipped overnight, & NOW it's been functional for a couple months now. Longest run yet!

I would ask the dealership to check out all 3!!! There should be an internal Service Announcement open for this issue though Ford by now.
Yes I had that problem back in 2019 and they fix it

So what would you all say is normal for a car to sit before the Deep Sleep state activates? And how many days should a car be able to sit and still be able to start?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So what would you all say is normal for a car to sit before the Deep Sleep state activates? And how many days should a car be able to sit and still be able to start?
I'm saying take you Truck back to the Dealership and have them to get the Master Tech to look at your Truck and updated your modules in you vehicle.

Back