Deerfield Precision Braided SS Brake Lines | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Deerfield Precision Braided SS Brake Lines

Hate beating this dead horse, but figured it to be useful to people who may come across the topic.

As we know WRXtra is now known as Deerfield Precision. I ordered a full set front and rear for my 2nd Gen over two weeks ago and have heard absolutely nothing from them. My order went to 'Processing' 1 day after purchase and has sat there ever since. I filled out an inquiry on their website 3 days ago to see whats up but have not heard anything back on that or my voicemail I left them yesterday.

They had no problem taking my money through PayPal the day of purchase though.. :(

I posted the email he emailed me off of a few months ago when I ordered mine. Maybe try that, maybe it might help. If he doesn't make or respond before the month ends I would go ahead and do a paypal claim and get your money back.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So, after using the email you shared to contact those guys I received a familiar response..

Hello

I am terribly sorry; I thought I had sent you an update but I clearly did not. One of the fittings used in your brake lines has been on back order from my supplier. I was hoping to have them this past week, but apparently they are still in transit. If it helps at all, I'd be happy to refund your shipping and handling fees since it has taken so long.

I hope I see them soon as they appear to be (and sounds like) high quality stuff. But for anyone looking to purchase just be forewarned about the lead time it sounds like they need.

That sounds like a trade off, and may be a fair decision to stick with them. I had one brake line made locally let go at the used end. It's a critical connection to reliably make the lines and fittings never leak. I think my local shop doesn't do it any more, but I haven't been there in 2-3 years.

We need to remember Deerfield Precision is primarily a small automotive machine shop that makes very small quantities
of SS brake hoses as a side business. Still no excuse for repeat communication issues. Seems every buyer in this thread agrees that once received, these hoses are of very high quality and reasonably priced for being custom made. If you need these quickly, use the email address support@wrxtra.com in post #56 for an ETA before sending payment and ordering.

We need to remember Deerfield Precision is primarily a small automotive machine shop that makes very small quantities
of SS brake hoses as a side business. Still no excuse for repeat communication issues. Seems every buyer in this thread agrees that once received, these hoses are of very high quality and reasonably priced for being custom made. If you need these quickly, use the email address support@wrxtra.com in post #56 for an ETA before sending payment and ordering.

No, they seem to now ignore customers on that email now as well.

It's been 34 days, no update.

Hey guys, just wanted to put my dilemma to rest.. I finally received my lines the last week of August. WRXtra/Deerfield Precision comp'd me the 100PSI pressure gauge they have for sale on their site for my wait.

I've had the lines installed for a little over a month now and am quite pleased with them. Build quality is very impressive and I was happy they came with everything needed to install them (crush washers). They absolutely justify their price but should you decide to pull the trigger one these, please note the wait time might leave you a bit nervous.

Old thread getting bumped, I know.
A question, the link in the original post is to brake lines for '95-'01 front and '95-'04 rear.
Are these the ones for an '01 Explorer?

^ Absolutely. They are custom made for 1995-2001 Gen 2 Explorers. 1995-04 rear likely applies to 2001-04 two door Sports.

They are also a perfect fit on 2001-05 Sport Tracs. Just make sure you get the appropriate lengths if you are lifted or lowered.

^ Absolutely. They are custom made for 1995-2001 Gen 2 Explorers. 1995-04 rear likely applies to 2001-04 two door Sports.

They are also a perfect fit on 2001-05 Sport Tracs. Just make sure you get the appropriate lengths if you are lifted or lowered.
Thanks, they are just labeled as "Truck".

Five years later found these pics. Outer spring protectors shown in first two pics are NOT included with DP's listed prices.

CLt0Lz8.jpg

8dASGXO.jpg

Hq7kpXj.jpg

5eV2aMc.jpg

That's cool, I love the SS brake lines. I see they fabricated Nicopp brake lines, and used a zip tie to keep the locking clip from rotating. I hope I can get to that kind of upgrade for my projects sooner than later.

I added the black zip ties to snug the fittings up a bit. Today they don't look perfectly clean as shown in the pics. Wish I sprayed Fluid Film on the cad plated brackets and fittings. Hindsight once again.

Real surprised Deerfield Precision's prices haven't increased in the last eight years because it seems almost everything else has.

I see, I vaguely recall installing those clips on my brake ends. My Mercury has rusting brake lines from being a Milwaukee truck, I am afraid to loosen any of the hard line fittings, and likely will have to start replacing some of them when I get it running again. I love the Nicopp line though, I made the LF short one for a friend of mine about ten years ago. It was easy for that short length, very easy to bend, but to make the long ones, and look straight, that will be hard.

How is it I'm just now finding this thread? Looks there's another item up on my wishlist.

This is another good little upgrade. I noticed an improvement when I installed stainless braided lines on my old Bronco and the stock rubber lines are 20+ years old.................................

It took some time, but I did finally get what I ordered from Deerfield and now I need to get them installed.

brakelines.jpg

A few questions for those who have installed these before.

1) What is involved in getting the old lines off and the new ones on? Is it a C clip? a threaded fitting? pressed in? I know how the Banjo bolts are fitted on, more concerned with the hardline to the flexline fitting.

2) For the rear, I have the typical warrior shackles lift, I'm installing these for the benefit of SS, plus the extra length for the lift and flex. Is there such a thing as too much extra length? they will make them with up to 8" extra length. Is it best to order longer than you actually think you'll need?

Has anyone tried contacting Deerfield recently? Noticed the website is having issues

@Nctruckman

DP web site seems to be working OK for me aside from the "warning" text at the top of their page. Fastest response from J.B. Hebert was always via email. You can always try contacting them direct by phone, fax, or mail, but response time may be delayed. Also, prefabricated REAR lines are only available from DP from what I've found. Be patient, the wait is worth every penny. JMO

Contact info:

@Nctruckman

DP web site seems to be working OK for me aside from the "warning" text at the top of their page. Fastest response from J.B. Hebert was always via email for me. You can always try contacting them direct by phone, fax, or mail, but response time may be delayed. Also, prefabricated REAR lines are only available from DP from what I've seen. Be patient, the wait is worth every penny. YMMV

Does the security code work for you? I can't email them nor order without it working. It won't show for me
Screenshot_20230218-131004.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not having any of the viewing issues you are. Maybe try using another computer or web browser.

If you can't open the link in post #78, here's their contact info:

email:
support@deerfieldprecision.com

Deerfield Precision is open 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, EST, Monday through Friday. We can be reached via the following methods:
Phone:
Fax:
Mail:
Deerfield Precision
PO Box 39
South Deerfield, MA 01373

Back