Defroster grille question -- 2013 Explorer XLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Defroster grille question -- 2013 Explorer XLT

davepond88

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas City, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
Hey guys -

First-time poster. Bought my 2013 last summer and am loving it. Only issue I've had so far is an incessant rattle in the dashboard. To me, as a total newbie and non mechanic, it sounds like previous owner dropped something in there, because it moves from left side to center at times (independent of what I'm doing in terms of driving.)

So, my question is, how would I take off the defroster grill covers? Is that easy? I really don't want to break anything but would love to have a less noisy ride. Didn't know if those two pieces (on either side of the light sensor) just pop out or if there's anything to watch for. Thanks!

Welcome to the Forum Dave. :wave:
I can't recall anyone removing those grilles before. Hopefully, someone can assist.

Peter

Maybe if you're lucky the piece that's moving around can be picked up by a magnet. You can buy one of those snake magnet tools and fish around for it. Or take get a little mirror like what a woman uses to do her makeup and put over the defrost grill and maybe you can see what it is.

Back