• Register Today It's free!

Delay with Nav Screen

Tom Ga

Reaction score
City, State
MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer
I have recently noticed that it takes a few seconds (4-10 sec) for the home screen to appear on my new Explorer. I seem to remember that this screen would immediately appear after the Ford Logo screen faded. This delay started yesterday after the reverse camera failed to turn off (even after the vehicle was stopped, the engine turned off, the key removed and the driver door opened). After a few minutes, the camera turned off and the problem has not re-occurred. Just curious if the delay of the home screen is common, and whether the issue with the back-up camera is common.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the exact same issue.

Neither the dealer nor IVT can explain it

Can you stream music through BlueTooth audio from your phone? Mine won't work.

Does your audio always go back to AM radio no matter what you had playing when you shut the vehicle off? Mine does.

These are among items to be addressed in the 3rd quarter 2012 MFT update. I deal with these daily at our store. Sorry for the bad news, but keep posting to get Ford to know they are out there.

Does your audio always go back to AM radio no matter what you had playing when you shut the vehicle off? Mine does.
No problems with mine as far as numbers 1 & 3. I don't stream music through BlueTooth so I can't comment on that.

Peter

I have recently noticed that it takes a few seconds (4-10 sec) for the home screen to appear on my new Explorer. I seem to remember that this screen would immediately appear after the Ford Logo screen faded. This delay started yesterday after the reverse camera failed to turn off (even after the vehicle was stopped, the engine turned off, the key removed and the driver door opened). After a few minutes, the camera turned off and the problem has not re-occurred. Just curious if the delay of the home screen is common, and whether the issue with the back-up camera is common.
Welcome to the Forum Tom Ga.:wavey:
Although I can't see it affecting your situation, is your backup camera set with the 'Delay' feature set to ON? With so much electronics on board, who know what one thing may affect another?

Peter

Sgt, have you had any luck getting this fixed? Has the dealer tried replacing your APIM yet?

APIM replacement is a thought but there are many right here on this forum who have had one or two APIM replacements and no better performance

The other issue is that the dealer doesn't understand the issue very well.

A second dealer doesn't understand the issue either, so its in limbo right now.

Now we have the possibility of a new update in the fall, so they will all say wait again.

Its time for a new vehicle IMHO.

APIM replacement is a thought but there are many right here on this forum who have had one or two APIM replacements and no better performance

The other issue is that the dealer doesn't understand the issue very well.

A second dealer doesn't understand the issue either, so its in limbo right now.

Now we have the possibility of a new update in the fall, so they will all say wait again.

Its time for a new vehicle IMHO.

Yeah, there have been a few who have had an APIM replacement and didn't see an improvement. Then again, there have been a few that have had been told that their APIM has been replaced and it turns out it hasn't been. I'm shocked they haven't tried that already. I don't think this is a software issue IMHO or else more would be suffering your symptoms - although you said that you didn't have any issues with 2.11 either..... so who knows?

Personally, I wonder if the sync system hardware is properly shock resistant. All it takes for the system to start flaking up is one loose transistor.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Back