delivery time | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

delivery time

dave1946

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 ford explorer
According to Ford my limited is built and sitting in Chicago waiting for shipment. It has been that way for about a week and a half. How long would a typical wait be before I should see it at the dealer. Why should it take so long to ship.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wish I could give you a good answer for this. Mine has been sitting since the 11th as well.

Join the crowd!!

I wish I could give you a good answer for this. Mine has been sitting since the 11th as well.

I have been waiting for my new 2011 Explorer XLT 4wd which I ordered in early August 2009! Was told initially to expect to have it by end of December...next got delivery date as end of January...now approaching March and no vehicle! Those who are knowledgeable are not talking but I suspect there is a serious problem with quality control to explain backlog of vehicles produced by not being shipped.

Mine has been sitting on Ramp 6 at the plant for the last week or so. I would rather they fix whatever issue and send it a little late than not.

I wonder if this is a sync issue or body panel fits or what.

Mine was supposed to come of the assembly line today (Feb. 24) and as of yesterday the delivery is still scheduled for the 28th. From all the posts I've been reading I don't think I'll go and sit at the dealership waiting for it on Monday!
Will keep you updated. I've already ordered the new tires for it and they should take a few days to come in as well. I guess all we can do is wait.......

Peter where did you order your tires from? I am just going to drop down to Seattle toi pick some up from the tire rack. One tire is close to $100 cheaper so $400 cheaper for the set. F$#k I hate how much we are ripped off on everything in Canada.

Peter where did you order your tires from? I am just going to drop down to Seattle toi pick some up from the tire rack. One tire is close to $100 cheaper so $400 cheaper for the set. F$#k I hate how much we are ripped off on everything in Canada.

I can't believe you guys don't get your prices at all adjusted for the exchange rates. Ford has got to be making a killing off of you guys..

Add me to the "built but not shipping list" :(

I'm wondering if it is QC or a transport issue.

Someone on facebook said that their dealer told them that 3000 explorers are on hold at the plant for "quality control issues" but it is a big guess about what the issues are. I know some folks have had photos of body panels not fitting up well and some have had issues with the sync.

Mine was built 2/7/11 with a delivery of 2/14/11, then the blizzard, then another blizzard, then the hold shipment.

I'm getting them from Frisby Tire Co. I believe they are an Ottawa company. They have 5 locations in the city. The Yokohama price they quoted was $340 each with $80 off for each Hankook plus another $5 off each for bringing in the quote. The same tire on 1010tires.com is listed at $286 each but then there are shipping charges to be added so even if the Frisby price is inflated a bit I'm still ahead at $255/tire after discounts. That includes mounting, balancing, road hazard and free lifetime rotation. That particular Yokohama Parada Spec-X goes up to 315/35R30 in size.

Someone on facebook said that their dealer told them that 3000 explorers are on hold at the plant for "quality control issues" but it is a big guess about what the issues are. I know some folks have had photos of body panels not fitting up well and some have had issues with the sync. Mine was built 2/7/11 with a delivery of 2/14/11, then the blizzard, then another blizzard, then the hold shipment.
Mine was supposed to come off the line yesterday with an ETA of Monday, Feb. 28th. Just receive a reply from Seni saying that it still shows 'In Production' and the ETA still shows the 28th but that as always is subject to change.
It appears that the only other person hoping for a Feb. 28th delivery is the sales manager. Apparently there is a contest for the number of monthly sales and my dealership is trailing. I was told that if it comes in on the 28th I would be able to drive it away the same day, assuming of course that there is enough gas in the tank! :D

Just found out from my dealer that my limited is back at plant because of an issue with the wrong tail lights being installed or rear seat problem or MFT problem. Apparently different tail light are installed depending on the vehicle destination. He said my designation is "at the Plant" which is a good thing because it means it is getting fixed.

Just found out from my dealer that my limited is back at plant because of an issue with the wrong tail lights being installed or rear seat problem or MFT problem. Apparently different tail light are installed depending on the vehicle destination. He said my designation is "at the Plant" which is a good thing because it means it is getting fixed.
I find that a very curious statement about the tail lights. I wonder what the different requirement would be??:scratch:

I find that a very curious statement about the tail lights. I wonder what the different requirement would be??:scratch:

DRL for Canada? Unfortunately that doesn't explain me. Unless I got Canadian tail lights and Peter got mine? :confused:

2011 Ford Explorer a Lemon?

:(
Someone on facebook said that their dealer told them that 3000 explorers are on hold at the plant for "quality control issues" but it is a big guess about what the issues are. I know some folks have had photos of body panels not fitting up well and some have had issues with the sync.

Mine was built 2/7/11 with a delivery of 2/14/11, then the blizzard, then another blizzard, then the hold shipment.

I am beginning to suspect that there are serious quality control problems with the new Explorers. For sure, Ford Motor Company is not being forthwright with its dealers and customers in describing the problem. These problems should have been worked out in the pre-production stage. I am thinking that buying a new Explorer now is perhaps buying into a lot of problems down the line with the vehicle this model year. In addition, reported real-world gas mileage of purchasers is a far cry from mileage figures posted on the vehicle's label. My 2003 4Runner V-8 Sport with full-time 4wd gets a lot better gas mileage than any of the experiences reported by owners...both in cold weather, warm weather, short trip, or long-distance highway cruising. I am preparing to cancel my order made in early August for this vehicle which has never show up!:mad:

DRL for Canada? Unfortunately that doesn't explain me. Unless I got Canadian tail lights and Peter got mine? :confused:
DRL shouldn't affect the tail lights. It just uses a lower power to the front lights. Other than that, the only differences I can see are the LED and amber signal lights and I don't know why either should be a problem. It does make one wonder what problems aren't being reported.:rolleyes:

In addition, reported real-world gas mileage of purchasers is a far cry from mileage figures posted on the vehicle's label.

I'm getting exactly what the label says.. In the last week and a half I've driven roughly 1800 miles. On average I'm getting 20.1 for a combo of city + highway driving, and on our long trip I averaged 23.3 for the 1400 miles which included 80% highway, and 20% mountain windy uphill/downhill.

Gas mileage is, and always will be, driver dependent. I've made a conscious effort to maintain slow steady acceleration. I can average 14mpg on my daily commute if I speed up to slow down :)

I was kidding :)
Figured as much. With DRL's on the tail lights I'd wear out reverse!:D Getting a bit of snow now. We are just on the edge of a storm centered around the St. Lawrence. Have a good one!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

According to Ford my limited is built and sitting in Chicago waiting for shipment. It has been that way for about a week and a half. How long would a typical wait be before I should see it at the dealer. Why should it take so long to ship.

Does anyone know if the shipping times are still extended? My vehicle took a full 2 1/2 months to be built and now my fleet managment company is saying it could be another month before it arrives at the dealer....

Estimated Delivery of your vehicle is: The week of 12/05/2011:thumbdwn:

Your vehicle has been built, and is awaiting shipping. 11/2/2011
Your vehicle order has been received at the manufacturer plant, and is awaiting assembly. 10/31/2011
Your vehicle order has been submitted for scheduling at the manufacturer plant. 10/13/2011
Your vehicle order has been received by the manufacturer. 8/23/2011

Back