Delivery Times!!!! | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

thanks, they gave us good money on our trade in, was prommised a vin on monday so will see what happens if i do not get a vin monday think i will be followig your advice!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was made to feel second rate with my Xplan pricing from the get go.

That's too bad. My dealership was very helpful witht Xplan pricing. In fact, I originally went in through CapitalOne buyers program thinking it was going to be a better deal. Truly, when you first look at the two, you are getting a better purchase price with the CapitalOne plan. But there are other differences between the two which were pointed out by my dealer which actually put the Xplan ahead when all is said in done. They gave me a side by side itemized comparison and showed me which plan would have a better "out the door" price. Just for anyone's FYI, what you gain as far as purchase price in the Costo/CapitalOne buyer programs, you lose as far as discounts on shipping and other service charges which you get through the Xplan.

That being said, you have to be eligible to get Xplan pricing. So in end, for most people, the CapitalOne/Costo plans are still a really good deal.

Waiting for VIN!

Ordered 2-9
Nothing
Checking weekly
Nothing
Still checking
Nope
Can I get a VIN?
Nada
Can I get any info?
Zilch

Switched dealers and re-ordered on 4-17
Vin delivered 4-19
Given build date of 5-2

(first dealer still has nothing, btw, the largest dealer in the country)

I'm sure it'll be well into June for actual delivery.

Good times.

Just as a reference point, I ordered mine late January (Fleet vehicle) you can see the status updates I have it looks like it's about 2.5 months from receipt of order to receipt of vehicle.

Processing History
Action Date
Your vehicle has been shipped via railroad. 4/9/2011
Your vehicle has been built, and is awaiting shipping. 4/7/2011
Your vehicle order has been received at the manufacturer plant, and is awaiting assembly. 4/4/2011
Your vehicle order has been submitted for scheduling at the manufacturer plant. 3/18/2011
Your vehicle order has been received by the manufacturer. 2/7/2011

If you don't hear from me near 4-18 (seems like a long time for a car to ride a train from Chicago to Pittsburgh) which is the estimated delivery date, then you know I'm driving around happy. :)

So, close to 4000 views and 65 replies, I thought I would update my original post. The Exlporer that I ordered back in February with a vin in the 35000s built on March 4th is still not in and is still "awaiting shipment." All Ford Customer Service can tell me is what I already know, nothing.

Well on Monday I noticed many of the Ford Dealers here in San Antonio, started getting XLTs in, so I looked at the options throughout the city and found one that matched my specs almost perfectly. The dealers here in San Antonio, all which I have talked to, are in no mood to do any "negotiations" with these Explorers and quite frankly they kinda have an arrogance marked with an attitude to boot. Three of the five dealers that recieved a shipment of Explorers this past week ensured me that they would not go below MSRP and would not entertain negotiations.

We all know how hot this car is, but these dealers/salesmen have no shame/humility concerning these Explorer prices.

The dealer where I placed my order at in February was the most likely place that I would get a deal, because I have been hounding them about my Explorer for the past two months. Naturally, I went to them first, they didn't really have the color I wanted but the Gold Leaf was acceptable because I was so tired of waiting. I bypassed my salesman and went straight to the GSM to "negotiate" the terms of my purchase. Well if he didn't slap me in the face and slam the door so fast after I left, I would have thought I was dreaming. I couldn't believe the audacity of this guy, I have already paid a deposit showing good faith that I would purchase the vehicle once it arrived and thought two months waiting around with no word or helpful/comforting advice about a possible ETA; i thought this would have played a significant role in "negotiations," well just call me naive. The GSM basically said I just can't go below MSRP even for someone that has been inconvenienced and fed misinformation from our salesmen for over two months.

He informed me that it takes three days max for the explorers to be sold, so if I don't purchase from him at the price on the sticker then someone else would. He said my hands are tied with these prices on the Explorers and tried to convince me to look at the Ford Flex and he could give me a great deal on that vehicle. At that moment, I quietly got up turned around didn't say a word to him nor the salesman waiting outside the office and drove directly to the next Ford Dealership, where I was met by a very "welcoming" salesman (at that point of my frustration anything would have been welcoming).

This dealer had five come in at one time three with similar specs than the one I wanted and one with almost exactly the same specs besides the color, which was white platinum and I order a white suede. I like the platinum better anyways, so basically bought it right there on the spot with no waiting around for someone else to get the chance to get it. I paid sticker price, but I was relieved just to have the car I have been waiting for for over two months, so the price at that point was fine with me.

So, I am happy to say that I finaily have my XLT 202A White Platinum with a vin in the 50000s and the one I ordered with a vin in the 35000s is still in Chicago.

Now to the problems I have encountered with my XLT thus far in my first four days.

Problem #1 - The speaker volume was the first thing I noticed was off. My phone couldn't sync properly and the volume of the call was faint and only coming from one speaker. Took it in today, received a free rental (FLEX) for the weekend.

Problem #2 - Weird noise when I roll down the back windows and only when the "back" windows are down. The farther down the window is down the louder the noise gets. It sounds like there is a helicopter in my backseat and the faster you go the louder and faster the noise gets. I know something is not right with that. Anyone else experience this problem?

Will continue to update as I run into more issues, which is hopefully never.

2011 explorer

I'm new to the site - ordered a 4X4 302a Limited on 2/24 and dealer seems to know nothing. How do I go about getting access to information about my build? How do I see my sticker?

Hi everyone....I also had a hard time getting info from Ford as to why my delivery took so long. I ordered my Red Candy Limited 4WD on 9/7/10 with a $500 deposite. The truck arrived at my dealer on 3/10/11 and I took delivery on 3/18/11. I would have thought that since I ordered so early, my Ex would have been one of the first built in late Dec or early Jan. My SUV was built on 2/7/11. I called Ford Customer Service many times for updates once I had my VIN (20,668). I later found out that Ford has out sourced the customer service dept (what my dealer told me) so they have the same vested interest in pleasing the customer....that was a real shocker! I really wanted my vehicle...so I just had to wait and wait and wait...but I am very happy with the vehicle so far. I did get the unit for X-Plan (MSRP $48320/$45052.70 X-Plan) and $3,750 in rebates. I love the color combo and all the tech features. I have no problems yet...but I did notice that the SYNC is sometimes S L O W to respond to touch inputs. My iPhone 4 works great with SYNC (one of my biggest concerns) as both the phone and MP3 player. It did take a while for the SYNC to index my music (4000 songs) and it will display the art cover only in USB mode not bluetooth. Good luck everyone on getting your Ex faster than I had to wait....Here is a pic of my red beauty.
LargeSide.jpg

I ordered a 2011 XLT 202a pgk with trailer tow, power liftgate and navigation on January 30, 2011. The order was supposedly placed 1/31/11. I didn't get a VIN until mid March. Was given an ETA of 4/14/11 several weeks ago but at the time the status was listed as awaiting shipping. That date came and went with no updates to the status. I called Ford last week and was given a reference number and told that if the vehicle didn't come in by this week they could escallate it up the ladder. Got a call from the dealer yesterday and was told the vehicle is in transit but they didn't give me a new ETA. I decided to call Ford this morning to get the new ETA because I no longer trust my dealership. Ford told me that the previous status is unchanged and the vehicle is still awaiting shipping and the ETA is still 4/14/11. The Ford rep escallated the issue and told me I will be contacted within 2 days. This is extremely frustrating as my wife's lease is up in May and I figured I would have no problems ordering a new vehicle in january and getting it in time. Now I am not sure.

That being said, misery loves company and I am glad to see that I am not the only one having these issues.

Problem #2 - Weird noise when I roll down the back windows and only when the "back" windows are down. The farther down the window is down the louder the noise gets. It sounds like there is a helicopter in my backseat and the faster you go the louder and faster the noise gets. I know something is not right with that. Anyone else experience this problem?

Will continue to update as I run into more issues, which is hopefully never.

It's called wind-related buffeting and its very common. Many cars that have four doors with a larger back end area exhibit the problem. The liftgate acts kind of like a sail on a sailboat and makes the air roll around the inside of the vehicle. Typically gets to a certain frequency at like 30-40 mph...My GMC Acadia has the same issue....

Back