SVO

Meow
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Smithville/Austin, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
08' Suzuki SX4
We are having a Demon 4x4 BBQ on Sunday, March 19th at SVO's/Stang Girl's Casa in Bastrop.

Please bring:

1. Meat you want to BBQ
2. One side dish (chips, dip, etc) for everyone to share
3. Lawn chairs
4. Beer (or beverage of choice)

We will have the charcoal, etc. (the pyro house), all the condiments, bread, ice, coolers, etc.

There is a possibility of rain, in that case, we will just move this into the garage. We are early risers, so just whenever you want to show up on Sunday, bring it on. Please give us a call/pm to let us know if you are going to make it so we can invite (I really mean warn) the neighbors and to adjust parking. :p

Hope to see everyone here!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

*Wonders what the record for round trip time in a 'Stang is from McVeytown to Bastrop.... :D

Jeff, I don't think you have the gonads to hold it on the floor in 5th gear that long, and/or I think Sue would prolly be severly trumatized after a trip like that.

I know it took Lori a lil bit to get used to going 110+ for 2 hours at a time while we were in NM, AZ, UT and CO last summer on vacation, when you roll back down to 70mph it just seems like your crawling, LMFAO!

The game of bumper tag from Silverton, CO to Durango, CO (30mph-90mph in third) with an Audi A8 was a blast, the sheer drop-off's with little or no guard rail had her un-nerved, but in the end she said it was a total hoot and would do it again!

But hey if you think you have what it takes we'll have some frosty, tastey beverages, and BBQ waiting here for you to consume when you get here, or should I just go ahead and hire a Bail Bond's man for that infamous call? :p

A few min before this pic was taken I flew by a Navajo Co. Sheriff going 115mph on the cruise, he never flinched but Lori turned sheet white, thinking we we're doomed.
It's funny to get 26mpg at those speeds with the A/C on, gotta love the 2.73 rear gear.

mut014.jpg

This was the same trip, but in 01', this time I was by myself so the speeds were more like 135-140mph, had to turn back the boost a little due to the fact that the octaine rating was only 91' in states west of Texas, but still managed to get 26-28mpg.
Pic was taken in the same exact location as above. (I'm sure Rick can tell you when the state line sign was changed.)

SVO_Jeff_Utah.jpg

Here's a few from Moab:

mut022.jpg

SVO_Jeff_Moab.jpg

Jeff - :navajo:

Sue claims she's made of sterner stuff than that and could handle it :p . In my youth, I did som bonzai runs in my '65 Stang from Philadelphia to New Hampshire in about 5 hours (and got dayum lucky not to spend some jailtime with Bubba!! :eek: ).

If the law weren't gonna toss me for doing it, and the roads were clear, I'd be game :D . I've had the Mach at 145 a couple times and it's pretty stable there. I'm betting the Mach could hit close to 180 in it's present form with enough open space. I still had plenty of rpm's left @145 and I didn't have to stay on the floor to hold that speed.

You're right, 70 does seem slow after being over 100...amazing how the brain adjusts to high speed..

JDraper said:

You're right, 70 does seem slow after being over 100...amazing how the brain adjusts to high speed..

Lori's Law Enforcement training talked bout being "Speed Drunk" where the brain gets used to the speed and is disoriented when the speeds come down making you feel like your going slower than you actually are, she had never expieienced it till that trip, and she was befuttled when it happened, the dicipline factor is to know that your going 70mph and realize that your still hauling at those speeds till your brain has time to catch back up from going so fast.

It's really hard to find roads that are wide open enough to go those speeds for any peiod of time, out westward there's a mulitude of them, but you still have to worry about other people including the law, even going 145+ you still can't outrun Motorola, and ther are no real side roads to bail off of and run, you pretty much locked in on one road so they'll just sit up the road and wait for you to come highrolling in.

I have been popped quite a few times going triple digit speeds and have gotten away with only a ticket, that's on a lucky note, now days the penalty's are quite firmer.

Me driving 01' Lighting chasing down my buddies 00' Cobra R, guess I had better shift to 4th :p

guages.jpg

Wow what great times, that was a blast yesterday, it was really great to see everyone, and way to much food to eat.

Ok, not sure where Lori stashed the other disc full of pics, but these are the only ones I found..............

SVO, Kris Guilbeaux, Johnstone
dem001.jpg

I know Randall made some great margarita's and I also have a few beers,but WTF, when did this happen????

dem_000.jpg

Guess we'll have to wait for Lori to gets to work for the other pic to show up as that was the only two incriminating pictures I could post off of that disc :confused:

Thanx again everyone!

Here they are...by Stang Girl

Here are the rest of the pics. Hope ya'll enjoy them. :wink

First, the trucks:

hiridin, Sexy Evil Sport Trac, and Baby...
3_trucks.jpg

Baby (used to be known as Vegas)
Baby.jpg

Daddy (used to be known as Mudd*****)
Daddy.jpg

hiridin (literally) :eek:
hiridin.jpg

Nasty Hoe and Tool
Nasty_Tool.jpg

Johnstone's Sexy Limited
Sexy_Limited.jpg

Johnstone's Sexy Evil Sport Trac
Sexy_ST.jpg

Zavaral
Zavaral.jpg

Now, even though Kris came later in the day, he didn't bring his Navajo, but did bring his gorgeous Mountaineer. It was just a little too dark and a little too rushed (trying to beat the massive thunderstorms rolling in) to get pics of his truck. :cry Next time I'm in Victoria, I'll try and hook up with Kris and get some pics. :8)

Now, the cooking... :shock

Jordan, SVO, and Mudd*****
bbq1.jpg

Randall is holding the garage wall up. Hmmm, this is during some killer margaritas. :lol
bbq2.jpg

Jeff playing with fire w/supervision provided by Randall. Are you approving or disapproving? :shrug
bbq3.jpg

Wow :shock Great view of Bailey's butt. :lol
bbq4.jpg

Now for some great conversation and overall bs'ing. :p

Johnstone, Jordan (hiridin), and SVO
bsing1.jpg

Randall, Brandy, Hillary (our local law enforcement :wink ), and Gabriel. :)
bsing2.jpg

Amber (Randall's wife), Johnstone, Jason (Zavaral), and Brandy (Babygirl).
bsing3.jpg

Zavaral representing the DP. :rockon
Dr_Pepper.jpg

And of course, at the end of the night, you are left with SVO telling everyone to :flip .
SVO_pose.jpg

It was a great day and so happy everyone who could make it did.

We had some other folks show, but didn't get pics of them. I actually did, but I thought Heather would kick my butt if I posted pics of her eating. :twisted:

:idea I personally think we should do this about every 3 months. This was just too much fun!!

was fun... :thumbsup: glad i finally made it out there to meet n' greet with ya'll. got to see everyones trucks... the pics just don't do them justice. shame i couldn't get into the drinking with ya'll. just can't deal with a dwi. after one of my friends racked up a couple dwi's and my best friend got one of his own i decided i better stop or i'd be joining them soon enough. had to get home so i could get some drinking time in. ;) hopefully i can get back up there next weekend to do some offroading. just have to see how my paycheck is. as it takes quite a bit of gas to go out there. and i'll be working on replacing my spent money for tires/wheels and my screen for the next 4-6 months. just keep me posted. its probably been a month since i've actually gone offroading so i need to get some qaulity time in.

Damnit SVO, I was in Bastrop from the 11th-16th. I always miss everything by a few days.

SVO said:
Jeff playing with fire w/supervision provided by Randall. Are you approving or disapproving? :shrug
bbq3.jpg

Ok...we've got a safe grilling issue here!!!! You mean to tell me Lori let you grill THIS close to her Mustang??? She musta really been tanked for that to have gotten by her!! :eek:

:p

Just wanted to come on here and say thank you to Lori and Jeff having us over...I had a great time and wish I could have stayed longer. Hope to do this again. See you guys soon..

Brandy

JDraper said:
Ok...we've got a safe grilling issue here!!!! You mean to tell me Lori let you grill THIS close to her Mustang??? She musta really been tanked for that to have gotten by her!! :eek: :p

I was actually more worried about the house. The wind was blowing North, so the house was more in trouble than Reaper. :eek: If someone could control his pyromania and not continue to pour lighter fluid on the grill for other's photo ops.... :rolleyes: :p

Stang Girl said:
If someone could control his pyromania and not continue to pour lighter fluid on the grill for other's photo ops.... :rolleyes: :p

Randall has some pics of me making the fire, he just hasn't put them up yet :D

A10-with-pyro.jpg

Back