Desert Rat Meet and Greet Saturday July 19th - Tucson, AZ | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Desert Rat Meet and Greet Saturday July 19th - Tucson, AZ

tucsonoffroad

Reaction score
City, State
Tucson, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
Don't have one yet
Desert Rat Off-Road is hosting the Tucson Off-Road Club gathering and Rancho Ramp Challenge.

When:
Saturday, July 19 from 9AM to 1PM

Where:
Desert Rat Off-Road 7107 E. 22nd St. Tucson, AZ 85710 (520) 296-1200

What:

• Free T-Shirts to first 25
  • Light refreshments
  • Special event pricing for Club Members
  • Desert Rat Off-Road event trailer & Rockcrawler
  • Winch safety demonstration by Bull Dog Winch.
  • Rancho Display – Bob Willis with Rancho’s Competition Rock Buggy.

Rancho Ramp Challenge

• Ramp competition starts at 11:00AM. Desert Rat / Rancho suspensions assume no liability for vehicle damage or physical injury. Proper safety gear will be required.
  • Our top finisher in each of three classes (classes TBA) will receive a set of Rancho RS9000, RSX or RS5000 Shocks. Type of shock received will be determined by drawing after competition.

If you have any questions feel free to post them here or drop me a pm or email. Hope to see you guys there!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is anyone planning on going. I was thinking of heading over there.. I'll wear my EF shirt and I have EF stickers on the X and the license plate frame so they will know what "club" I am from (I'll try not to embarras (sp?) EF).

~Mark

Hope to see some of you guys there! Feel free to come out out and represent EF. We should have a good time.

as long as i don't have to work sat i will take a ride down

I already have plans this weekend or I might consider it. Have fun, guys and take some pics!

looks like i am working this weekend so i am out wish i could go though, really looking froward to meeting some of the AZ members now that i am here

looks like i am working this weekend so i am out wish i could go though, really looking froward to meeting some of the AZ members now that i am here

You should skip work.. Just go in your sunday dress :D :mattmoon:

[/hijack]I've spoken to Danny and Rick and we should organize a G2G sometime for the AZ guys.[hijack] Oh and for the guys that go, we need some pics!!!

umm.. I think I'm the only one going...:scratch:

~Mark

Mark, looks like tucsonoffroad is planning on going as well.

Mark, looks like tucsonoffroad is planning on going as well.

I think he works for desert rat and doesn't have an X.. that exact message (1st post) was posted on a few other forums other than EF.

it'll be nice to meet some other off-road people from the area, but I was hoping to see a few EF people too.. as I've only met a few...

~Mark

To bad it wasn't last weekend. I was in town visiting my brother's.

I think he works for desert rat and doesn't have an X.. that exact message (1st post) was posted on a few other forums other than EF.

it'll be nice to meet some other off-road people from the area, but I was hoping to see a few EF people too.. as I've only met a few...

~Mark
Too bad I wasn't paying attention, huh? :confused:

sorry, it's not worth the drive to Tucson for a meet up Mark, don't take it personally buddy. I'd love to bring the Explorer down but the only way I'm running that thing 4 hours with no A/C is going to be on the trail. And what fun would it be to show up in the super duty???

I agree, we should try to meet up sometime with the local guys, any easy wheeling spots between PHX and Tucson Mark?

I agree.. 4 hours for wheeling is no biggie.. for hours for meet/greet ain't usually worth it..

The only spot I've really wheeled around here recently at all is charleau gap (where I broke the spring).. It wasn't "hard" but you could make it hard.. There was only one spot where I would consider it hard, and it was due to it being slightly off camber and a little loose.. That was the worst spot.. I didn't go all the way through since i turned around when I broke the spring..

Out of the last 6 wheeling runs I've been on, 5 of them have been either Crown King or Truckhaven.. I don't know anyone around here and I don't know the local trails (other than what is around my house, but those don't count)

~Mark

Some info I just found...

This is a "Tucson Off Road" Club meet and greet that is being hosted by Desert Rat.

~Mark

Here are the pics I took from it.. There was Rancho sponsored tube chassi buggy there and the RTI ramp is actually a trailer.. There is a trailer jack on it that raises the wheels.

It was nice to see/meet other Tucson wheelers.. Hopefully I'll get out more often now.. BTW.. that is a cut up Explorer on the RTI ramp.. and yes he has a bolt loose.. he fixed that before he got on the ramp.

~Mark

2683795196_e8d2954bca_b.jpg

2682974565_9b60d3fe33_b.jpg

2682971571_d29bb024bd_b.jpg

2682969141_20bf7057f5_b.jpg

2682966495_016b847579_b.jpg

2683781152_2c51ecde8c_b.jpg

2682960809_ddf99352bc_b.jpg

2682955197_ed18c3e80b_b.jpg

2682951945_8f93def87f_b.jpg

2683765304_35b4b1166a_b.jpg

2683761620_1978b1f532_b.jpg

2683758256_fcce9a1dca_b.jpg

2683754760_2f2851d17e_b.jpg

2682933461_f58d3ffbe3_b.jpg

2682929261_28f54b309c_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3077/2683743320_fcb2e0c2cc_b.jpg[img]

[ATTACH=full]369714[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]369715[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]369716[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]369717[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]369718[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]369719[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]369720[/ATTACH]

EDIT: here is a pic someone took of me.

[ATTACH=full]369721[/ATTACH]

Looks like fun, Mark.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Great pics Mark..:thumbsup:

...And yes, that bolt could have been an eye opener...:eek:...How did you do on the ramp compared to truckhaven and your old springs???

Back