Detailed My Explorer Today (pics) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Detailed My Explorer Today (pics)

Today I did a two hour detail on the Explorer. Products used:

Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo
P21S Paint Cleanser
Platinum Paint Protectant
Eagle One All Purpose Cleaner
Jet Wet Tire Gloss

The results look pretty good to me to have been done without the use of a buffer/polisher. I have only had this vehicle a few thousand miles (35k on it when I bought it) I love it so far. Just though I would share some pics with you folks. My camera is old school so the pictures aren't the best nor are my photo techniques

:p

774explorer1-med.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

WOW!!! That's an amazing shine!!! Very wet and deep looking. This is the best that I've ever seen on an Explorer. Good job!!!

Stephen is right about the Autopia board. I wish I could contribute more time into the boards but I just never had the time to anymore since my parents are opening a new restaurant. Heh...I just spent $180 on a new PC and pads a couple of months ago and they're still sitting in the box...never touched!! :eek:

When I detail, I go all out and that only happens twice or three times a year. That's why whenever I finished detailing and posting pics, I usually say that it took me at least 15, 16 hours within 2 or 3 days. After the detail, I do just regular washing. I don't care about detailing for a couple of months. For me, regular washings lasts about an hour and a half max, including dressing up the tires and polishing the chrome rims.

Anyways...I need to stop talking!! :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dark- If you use the buffer, the right products and the right pads, I garuntee that you could make it look perfect again. Don't be afraid of the buffer, if its orbital then its almost impossible that it could harm the paint, and impossible that it could burn it because it doesnt spin.

Al- As long as you keep the car good and clean, and slick with the zaino you'd never need to do any prep. A claybar now and then would be good though, because there are paint contaminants that just can't be removed by anything but clay. These contaminants are even present on brand new cars. Rail dust etc.

Stephen: Excellent advice you are giving here.

Stephen is right about the buffer with an orbital it is basically impossible to hurt your paint as long as you don't use some crazy buffing compound not designed for use with it. At work we use rotary buffers and they are a pain in the butt, yes they can bring out the toughest scratches and swirl marks but they can also produce more than they remove if used wrong.

I do not own a PC orbital yet but have used them a few times and must say they are EXCELLENT. As soon as I get some extra money I am going to pick one up for sure.

KY,

Nice Job on the Explorer, looks great. :cool:

To all the others, especially DarkFox ;)

Not many know this, because I don't advertise it, but I am a Moderator over on Autopia. My handle is ShowroomLincoln over there. Steven is right, what we (and by we I mean Autopians) do is a hobby. Some people are more devoted and interested than others which is totally normal. Not everyone has the time, or interest honestly, to detail their vehicles to the level that some of our members do. However, we always try to help those who seek it. No matter the budget, level of expierence, level of interest, or type of vehicle we always try and help. There is always room for improvement. DarkFox, there is always hope for a finish, so don't give up on your X just yet. :p So, all of you are more than welcome on Autopia, don't worry, we don't bite. ;)

If I were you i would remove that pinstripe, before you get tanlines on the X. :eek:

Cant believe anyone hasn't mentioned my crooked front license plate mount yet :) it was on the truck when i bought it I need to take it off just havn't had a chance yet.

Originally posted by Stephen
See, I defend you people and you can't even spell my name right? ;) :D

Arggggggggg, I'm such an idiot. :rolleyes: Many times my fingers move faster than my brain does. ;) :D

Originally posted by KY-Explorer
Cant believe anyone hasn't mentioned my crooked front license plate mount yet :) it was on the truck when i bought it I need to take it off just havn't had a chance yet.

Your license plate mount is crooked. Please fix it and repost a pic. :D And hello to ShowroomLincoln (BradE.) from Malibu on Autopia.

Mike

Mike: Thank you now I have a reason to fix it. :p

By the way my name on Autopia is 69-912 see you guys around.

Originally posted by KY-Explorer
Mike: Thank you now I have a reason to fix it. :p

By the way my name on Autopia is 69-912 see you guys around.

Sweet!! Say Hi to Tim Miller for me. Have not spoken to him in a long time. :(

Sup, Malibu? Wow, lots of Autopians roaming the Explorer Forum. :cool:

BradE: Yea I visit time often. I was over at his place last weekend. Great guy

Back