Detroit EZ Locker plus 35's equal long term survivability? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Detroit EZ Locker plus 35's equal long term survivability?

cybergasm

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt Ks
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mountaineer 5.0
OK let's see if we can keep this thread on topic this time, K thanks

Came Across a deal today on Detroit EZ locker for the 8.8 Rear Axle (have not bought it yet but considering)

Was wondering what the prospect for long term Survivability would be if i was to run this with 35's and 3.73 gears?

Cause I have already seen that your supposed to run these with 32's and smaller tires. And of course is this true with all lockers of this type?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

And of course is this true with all lockers of this type?

I think Aussie is the only company that does not limit the tire size for "lunchbox" lockers.

The axle will be fine. The trans won't like the 3.73/35" combo.

I have 2 lunchbox lockers and 37s.

The axle will be fine. The trans won't like the 3.73/35" combo.

hmmm Been running this for close to two years now and the A4LD has not complained one bit. :dunno:

Wish i could say that about the C6 in my Van tho :mad:

Dave...Stay away from the EZ locker...It's junk! I know the deal you found...it's the one for $175 right? new in the box? Do your research on the EZ locker, they stopped making it for a reason.

Go with the Aussie or Lock Right. Or if you want to be brave you can try the new Spartan...but for god sakes stay away from the EZ.:(

I couldn't even get my EZ to work in my d44. I've had an 8.8 EZ in the garage somewhere since '06 I'm going to throw out cause I don't want to install it and have to uninstall it.

If you have an open carrier already, it might be worth an attempt. But if you have to swap out your LS for an open, re-setup gears, etc, you may be ahead to just get a better locker.

Dave...Stay away from the EZ locker...It's junk! I know the deal you found...it's the one for $175 right? new in the box? Do your research on the EZ locker, they stopped making it for a reason.

Go with the Aussie or Lock Right. Or if you want to be brave you can try the new Spartan...but for god sakes stay away from the EZ.:(

Yes sir that was the one. yeah i have decided to pass on it after doing some searching and seeing Post's(not good) on other forums.

Heck even Summit was recommending Power trax lockers over the EZ Locker :D

Back