Staff member
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Austin,Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Nav, 99 Mounty, 98 Ex
I am getting the Demon4x4 group for a small run to Devils den in San Antonio on Sunday Sept 22nd.

If you are interested in Going please let us know.

If you are a Stocker please read the trail equip. link before you agree to go. All of our Explorers are highly modified but I have been told there are bypasses. But we are not going to baby sit.

Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Kris Guilbeaux
If you are a Stocker please read the trail equip. link before you agree to go. All of our Explorers are highly modified but I have been told there are bypasses. But we are not going to baby sit.

Good Ol' Krusty Jr. ;)

So far it's you, Michael, and myself.

Well since Gerald is in NC I feel some one has to be the Grumpy one of the Group...

Do you mean Sunday, Sept 22? Oct 22 is a Tuesday, and the weekend before is the slabs run.

sept 22nd sorry

I might go...you wouldn't happen to have a monday or tuesday open before this run, would you Kris?

i live in san antonio a few miles from devils den i want to go but i am a stocker ive never been there before but i do want to go ill get to yall later

jason

Jared,

Monday Evenings are good for me.

zavaral,

I have not been out there either so I do not know how a stock X will do on this Trail. You are alway welcome to Ride along with some one.

i heard from some of my ford buddies that i can make majority of the stuff there i just got to watch out for the water and rock and he said that there are bypasses i might have a lift on mine i dont know i parked next to a pure stock and i was like 1 inch and a half taller than his plus i have 30x9.5 on though

zavaral,

4x4 Explorers do sit a bit higher then 2wd Explorers. If you plan ot come make sure you have everything in the Trail equip.

you know a place that i can get a cb antenea

radio shack

is it ok if i can hitch a ride from somebody if i can go i just took my truck mudding and the left front tire didnt lock up like is supposed to and i know i wont be able to make it the way my truck is ill meet them at the mall if i can

tomarrow i go to school and i can get more info on devils den you you would like i know a lot of people who go there

Info like this?
taken from Demon4x4.com/tx4x4.htm
Near San Antonio. Hwy 35 and Hwy 10 both run into San Antonio. So if you are coming from out of town on one of those Highway's take Loop 410 west and follow it around to exit 11 (Ingram Road) and go outside the loop. Go to the first light (Ingram Park Mall - on your right), turn left (yes it's also called Ingram Road) and go straight thru the next light. As you past that light you will cross a bridge and on your right you will see a paved entrance (Do not take this one) just keep going to the very next low water crossing (entrance on your right) and you are at the beginning of the Den. The trails go back for approx. 3 miles and there are many obstacles to try your vehicle on from hills, to rocks, ledges, mud holes and just riverbed rock. Continue on the trail/riverbed and you will come to a bridge (Grissom Road) you can exit here and get gas and snacks. The Grissom side is a very wide rocky section that is fun to play on and get all flexy on. There are no set trails to stay on, so just try all the rocks out and enjoy
Dirt Bank Grissom side of the Den - 29*29.38 N 098*38.25 W
Rock Creek section Grissom side of the Den - 29*29.83 N 098*38.26 W
RTI Ramp looking trees just for general purposes - 29*29.97 N 098*38.22 W
UPS exit Grissom side is currently closed and so this is the turn around
point - 29*30.23 N 098*38.06 W You are now actually 2.90 miles from the
entrance to the Den
Tim's Rock - 29*28.05 N 098*37.83 W
Todd's Creek - 29*28.26 N 098*37.96 W
Universal Hill - 29*28.40 N 098*38.00 W
Axle Breaker Hill - 29*28.55 N 098*38.16 W
Huge rock to play on - 29*28.63 N 098*38.18 W

In Bexar County. Hwy 35 and Hwy 10 both run into San Antonio. So if you are coming from out of town on one of those Hwy's take Loop 410 west and follow it around to exit 11 (Ingram Road) and go outside the loop. Go to the first light (Ingram Park Mall - on your right), turn left (yes it's also called Ingram Road) and go straight thru the next light. As you past that light you will cross a bridge and on your right you will see a paved entrance (Do not take this one) just keep going to the very next low water crossing (entrance on your right) and you are at the beginning of the Den. The trails go back for approx. 3 miles and there are many obstacles to try your vehicle on from hills, to rocks, ledges, mud holes and just riverbed rock. It's best to go with someone who knows the area, especially if it has just rained. There are some deep water holes that will swallow you up.

A Rating of 4 is given, which stands for 'Rutted and/or rocky road. No shelves but rocks to 9". Water crossings usually less than hub deep. Passable mud. Grades moderate, up to 15 degrees. Side hill moderate up to 15 degrees. 4WD under most conditions. No width problems, vehicle passing spots frequently available if less than two vehicles wide.' - 4x4trails.net

yep i know exactly where it is i might have trouble finding the entance and the best time to got there would be this week cause its been raining and my friends went yesterday and they saide there was 3' deep water ad mud every where if i do go i wont take my truck off but i was wondering if i could get a ride with somebody ill meet at the mall thats the only way i can go is if i can ride with somebody or my dad comes with me then ill take my truck off

zavaral,

I dont want to sound like a pain but are you over 18? I would hate to say sure you can ride in my truck and you get hurt and your parents get mad at me.

i don't think i'm gonna be able to make this one. i had to get a few things done before it to being with, and then some jackass went and broke into my truck so it's just a little bit more that i have to do now. i wanna see pictures, and maybe we can go out there again sometime...

i'll most likely still be out there at the slabs, so see everyone then..

Since this getting closer. any one have ideas on a meeting place or times to meet. I dont know San Antonio well.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We will be meeting at the What-a-burger at 410 and Ingram about 10:30am

Back