• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

diablo or jet chip?....

johnny57

Reaction score
City, State
brooklyn, ny
Year, Model & Trim Level
99' explorer sport sohc
i am looking to buy a chip for my 99'sport....i know that jet and diablo make a chip for the sohc/v6....my question is which chip is the best and why?

also has any one put on a throttle body spacer on their X?....if so which one did you get......

thanks for any input....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

aldive

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
Why not consider a Superchip chip?

johnny57

Reaction score
City, State
brooklyn, ny
Year, Model & Trim Level
99' explorer sport sohc
is the super chip the performance chip to get?

like the lowered X....

aldive

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
Hypertech is another to consider.

johnny57

Reaction score
City, State
brooklyn, ny
Year, Model & Trim Level
99' explorer sport sohc
i know that all of these companys make chips for this motor and that is why i am posting this thread to get feed back....i know that all of them cost the same for the most part....

which is the best chip out on the market for the 4.0l v6 sohc?

reading the ohv v. sohc...makes me a little scared...

when i went to the auto show this year all of the motors where either sohc or dohc...the only ohv motor was the viper.....