Diablo super chip??

96_explorer.com

Reaction score
City, State
Austin, TeXaS.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Eddie Bauer
Hello,

I was reading on some review or some1 that posted that the Diablo chip was a great performance increase towards the 4.0L v-6 Explorers. Now I like to know by any of you all that that has one and how does it perform for your needs.

I have an X w/ 4.0L and it can use some more torque and Hp's. I do pull and 19' Ski boat and it tugs a-little while in tow. now my X is all stock. and will it give me a nice performance if I use this Diablo chip?
Please post any recomendations?

Thanks
X

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Personally, I would stay away from chips. There have been quite a few people on this board that have had some problems with them and as soon as they removed the chip, their truck ran great again.

Diablo Chip

I have a Diablo chip in my 98 Sport SOHC and I LOVE it! Steeda sells them now at their website. Recently I took my Chip back and had it reprogrammed for NOS, awesome results!

what size shot of nos u running

Chipz are the bomb

I dunno what JoeC5 is talkin about... chipz when installed correctly are the best mod u can do besidez NOS or a Blower. I have a Diablo Chip in my 98 SOHC and u will be able 2 tell a big difference. Shift pointz much crisper... revs holdin a little longer and little higher.. all and all a definete must for anyone who is willin to spend the few extra bux for 93 octane gasoline.

Back