• Register Today It's free!

DiabloSport Tunes for the Sport

OKExplorerSport

Reaction score
City, State
Broken Arrow, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
I am not loyal to any company but I am very pleased with the 87 Octane Tune I have on my 2015 Sport from http://www.diablosport.com/

There are 2 tuners they offer..The Trinity and the Intune. I have the Intune tuner.
http://www.diablosport.com/product-search.html

93 Octane Performance - This tune is designed for use with premium fuel. The Performance Tune will unleash the maximum available Horsepower, Torque and Economy out of your stock vehicle with no other mods necessary! Vehicles will see a power across the entire RPM range with the greatest gains down low. Vehicle will also see improvements in drivability, throttle response, and economy.
+70 HP & 70 Torque

91 Octane Performance - This tune is very similar to the Performance tune for 93 Octane but optimized for the 91 Octane Premium Fuel found in some states. Vehicles will see a power across the entire RPM range with the greatest gains down low. Vehicle will also see improvements in drivability, throttle response, and economy.
+60 HP & 65 Torque

Modified Stock - This will allow you to keep the vehicle at the stock horsepower and torque levels, but the user can still change all the available adjustable parameters for the application, like the speed limiter, speedometer calibration, etc. Modified Stock also allows you to "marry" the tool to the vehicle and make a copy of the stock tune when requested by a CMR Dealer (custom tuner).
+ NA HP & NA Torque

87 Octane Tune - This tune is designed for use with 87 octane gasoline. It will increase HP, TQ and Fuel Economy without the need to run premium fuel in the vehicle. While HP Gains are not as great as in the 93 octane Diablotune, this tune wakes up your vehicle's throttle response, power, and improves overall driveability.
+ 60 HP & 65 Torque

Mileage Booster - The Mileage Booster tune utilizes the vehicle's DOD system to optimize efficiency for daily use. Horsepower gains will be minimal, but mileage will improve by up to 3 MPG in some applications! Compatible with fuel that is 87 octane or greater, and only available to vehicles that have the DOD system from the factory.

Also, MikeL's customer service is mind blowing.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is anyone running the DiabloSport "generic" tuner in their Sport?
http://www.diablosport.com/intune-i2/intune-i2-performance-programmer-ford-vehicles/

Any thoughts?

How fast are tune loads?
Are the tunes separate for performance vs mileage? Or is it a single tune to improve both?

Main thing is I read reviews about early on it having some tune issues, but not many updates since then. At the time I don't think it supported Explorers.

EXTREME ECOBOOST POWER
Tuning for 2011-2016 3.5L EcoBoost Cars & Trucks

images-4.jpg
Tune up your Eco-Boost equipped car or truck with the i2 programmer and get thrown back in your seat! When we set out to tune the EcoBoost motor, we had one goal in mind: POWER. The i2’s performance tunes ensure a more responsive throttle, better shift feel, and more horsepower than your ride came with from the factory. To top it all off, we added a “Mileage Booster” tune that adds 2-4 MPG over stock along with awesome power gains. Whether you have a 3.5L EcoBoost Explorer Sport, F150, Flex Limited or 2.3L EcoBoost Mustang- the i2 programmer is going to make your ride feel brand new all over again!

inTune i2 Programmer EcoBoost Vehicle Tuning Features:

• Add 40-90 HP, 40-100 TQ*
  • Add 2-4 MPG*
  • Increase throttle response
  • Boosted towing performance
  • Check and clear DTCs
This is what shows under explorer with ecoboost. I don't know how you can save 2-4mpg and increase much HP at the same time.

I don't know how you can save 2-4mpg and increase much HP at the same time.

Just because the extra HP is there, doesn't mean you have to make use of it. The extra MPG comes from making the engine more efficient - same place the extra HP comes from. How much you tap into the extra HP will directly effect how much (if any) extra MPG you get.

EXTREME ECOBOOST POWER
Tuning for 2011-2016 3.5L EcoBoost Cars & Trucks

images-4.jpg
Tune up your Eco-Boost equipped car or truck with the i2 programmer and get thrown back in your seat! When we set out to tune the EcoBoost motor, we had one goal in mind: POWER. The i2’s performance tunes ensure a more responsive throttle, better shift feel, and more horsepower than your ride came with from the factory. To top it all off, we added a “Mileage Booster” tune that adds 2-4 MPG over stock along with awesome power gains. Whether you have a 3.5L EcoBoost Explorer Sport, F150, Flex Limited or 2.3L EcoBoost Mustang- the i2 programmer is going to make your ride feel brand new all over again!

inTune i2 Programmer EcoBoost Vehicle Tuning Features:

• Add 40-90 HP, 40-100 TQ*
  • Add 2-4 MPG*
  • Increase throttle response
  • Boosted towing performance
  • Check and clear DTCs
This is what shows under explorer with ecoboost. I don't know how you can save 2-4mpg and increase much HP at the same time.
Yeah, I found that too. I was hoping to find someone who runs it or has used it before.

Are there any tunes available for just the limited?

HI,

I just picked up a 2013 explorer sport, I've got a diablosport i3 platinum which i use to load custom tunes on my GM trucks, I'm thinking that buying a ford license for it might be a cheap and effective way to get some extra pep from this already zippy suv, has anyone used a canned diablo tune on an explorer sport, and if so could you let me know what you think of it vs other options if you have tried other options or vs stock if it's the only tune you've tried? I see there's a couple very strongly preferred tuners on this forum, and I've read lots about them, I'm hoping to keep this thread specific to the canned tunes from diablosport on specifically the explorer sport.

Thanks,

Ian.

wonderful, merged with a post that's been dead for a year and went nowhere when anyone did look at it. a post i did find using the search, read, then discard as there's nothing at all useful in it. I think i see now why reading anything on here the posts are full of broken links, and read so disjointedly from being merged so many times. Nice that there's active admins, but if you're going to move stuff somehwere at least move it somewhere with some information or actvity.... sheesh.

Welcome to the Forum Ian.:wave:
This thread will now move to or near the top of the page so anyone with interest will see it. If there hasn't been much activity that usually indicates that there is little or no interest in the thread. I don't understand "posts are full of broken links". If a link doesn't work it means there is nothing to show. Nothing is deleted when a 'merge' is done.
When you post in an old thread it automatically moves back to the top. That is why we encourage using the 'Search' feature so that like topics can be in one thread.

Peter

Hello All I am sorry I havent seen this sooner. I have been running the diablo sport tuner on my Sport for over 2 yrs. The hp and torque picked up was worth it for certain. I use the tuner to monitor turbo performance etc. One of the best investments I made with this truck.

Back