Diamond Clear Corners Install on a '99 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Diamond Clear Corners Install on a '99

Due to the consummate cluster f**** in attempting to get diamond corners from another supplier on a group buy, I decided to simply order them from an E Bay seller ( assembleweb http://feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=assembleweb ). This transaction was flawless and simple. The seller provided immediate Fed Ex tracking data. I highly recommend this seller. The packaging of the corners was outstanding. The cost was $58.95 to my door.

I was pleasantly surprised to find these clear corners to be as nice ( quality wise ) as OEM and much better looking,

The installation is a extremely simple 2 screw ( per corner housing ) removal and disconnection of three light plugs. Replacement is just the reverse. Total installation time was about 10 minutes.

Given that I wanted the nice clean look of non-amber bulbs, I opted for Sylvania SilverStar 3157 bulbs ( http://www.costore.com/performanceshop/productenlarged.asp?peid=34&pid=298206 ); these bulbs appear a silverish color when not illuminated and amber when energized. Unfortunately I had to install without SilverStars; I wnt to 5 different auto parts stores and none had a single 3157.

These corners add the finishing tough to a much “cleaner” lustrous look to the Explorers front when combined with the diamond clear headlights. I can’t wait to get the SilverStars in there.

Attachments

• screw.jpg
    screw.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,805
  • clear vs stock.jpg
    clear vs stock.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 1,793
  • installed.jpg
    installed.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,817

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

aldive said:
I am still confused as to what you are attempting to ask????????????????????

As previously stated, the corner houses three bulbs, 2 amber and 1 white.

In the front view photograph ( stock corner ), the upper left is the white light, the right is amber as is the lower left.

The rear view ... the left and lower right are amber, upper right is white. In other words, the large"holes" are for amber bulbs.

all the bulbs in mine were yellow... the 2 3157's and the 912 (think thats the #) were yellow

looks like i got rare yellow 912 bulbs... (i dont think they sell yellow 912's)

id take pictures but im too lazy.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Saleen_SR71 said:
all the bulbs in mine were yellow... the 2 3157's and the 912 (think thats the #) were yellow

looks like i got rare yellow 912 bulbs... (i dont think they sell yellow 912's)

id take pictures but im too lazy.
I've never seen a stock explorer that didn't have all 3 bulbs in amber.

Jefe said:
I've never seen a stock explorer that didn't have all 3 bulbs in amber.

thats what i was trying to say...

either way forget it...

i was just trying to figure out how Aldives X ended up with clear 912's (aka side marker lights)

mine came stock with amber lights for all 3 i replaced the little amber ones with 912 white..

they look great! just like mine..lol

they look great just like mine do. i put in the blue bulbs instead though.

Yeah, those headlights look like crap next to the corners.

^^What headelights are you refering to?^^

Lotta questions in this thread.......

May I ask where you got the headlghts from? I have searched all over with no luck...

Where can you get the diamond corners from now? Can't find them anywhere.

Diamond/clear corners I see on ebay...headlights not so much...

The corner/headlight set up looks great. You just need some chrome trim and a new front Bumper, then it won't look so damn tacky.

Headlights are available from procarparts.com

Not a bad company when they send the right parts out :rolleyes:

LiKuiD said:
Headlights are available from procarparts.com

Not a bad company when they send the right parts out :rolleyes:

I ordered diamond clear headlights from procarparts.com on Friday, and I am still awaiting a shipping confirmation email. How long does this company take to ship goods?

-Aaron

I got some clear corners just like Al, off ebay from the same seller. They look great!! I haven't put them on yet, just looked at them in the box. I haven't look to see which bulbs are the ones that 'blink', but I was hoping to have the parking lights white and then have the one that blinks be amber.

parking lights are the 2 big ones (3157's)

and side marker (little bulb) light is 912

all 3 are on when the parking lights are on

ATLExplosion said:
I ordered diamond clear headlights from procarparts.com on Friday, and I am still awaiting a shipping confirmation email. How long does this company take to ship goods?

-Aaron

How does the 12th ov never sound?

Looks good Al, I got mine from sabersport on ebay. 54 bucks shipped I believe. One small nitpick I have is the hole for the 912 bulb seems to be poorly cut. When inserted the bulb does not turn and lock like the others. It's a small defect, and one I'm willing to live with. I was just wondering if anyone else experienced this problem.
I bought chrome lights for all six bulbs, I haven't had the best of luck with painted bulbs in the past, but I figured I'd give them another try. I too like the bluish/rainbow look of the silverstars, and I may go back to them if the chrome/silver paint burns off these bulbs like they did before.
Overall, a nice mod. :thumbsup:

jimcom said:
One small nitpick I have is the hole for the 912 bulb seems to be poorly cut. When inserted the bulb does not turn and lock like the others. It's a small defect, and one I'm willing to live with. I was just wondering if anyone else experienced this problem.
Yup, my driverside corner took a bit of persuasion just to get it to go in and was unable to get it to turn, but its tight. The passenger side was fine though.

Ok then, glad I wasn't the only one:), I hesistated to even bring it up, but I figured if mine had it others might as well.
Like you, my passenger side was also fine, just the drivers side needed a little "convincing" :)

Back