Diamond Clear Corners Install on a '99 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Diamond Clear Corners Install on a '99

Due to the consummate cluster f**** in attempting to get diamond corners from another supplier on a group buy, I decided to simply order them from an E Bay seller ( assembleweb http://feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=assembleweb ). This transaction was flawless and simple. The seller provided immediate Fed Ex tracking data. I highly recommend this seller. The packaging of the corners was outstanding. The cost was $58.95 to my door.

I was pleasantly surprised to find these clear corners to be as nice ( quality wise ) as OEM and much better looking,

The installation is a extremely simple 2 screw ( per corner housing ) removal and disconnection of three light plugs. Replacement is just the reverse. Total installation time was about 10 minutes.

Given that I wanted the nice clean look of non-amber bulbs, I opted for Sylvania SilverStar 3157 bulbs ( http://www.costore.com/performanceshop/productenlarged.asp?peid=34&pid=298206 ); these bulbs appear a silverish color when not illuminated and amber when energized. Unfortunately I had to install without SilverStars; I wnt to 5 different auto parts stores and none had a single 3157.

These corners add the finishing tough to a much “cleaner” lustrous look to the Explorers front when combined with the diamond clear headlights. I can’t wait to get the SilverStars in there.

Attachments

• screw.jpg
    screw.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,809
  • clear vs stock.jpg
    clear vs stock.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 1,798
  • installed.jpg
    installed.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,821

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here are some nighttime pics of the Chrome 3157s & 906 Superwhite setup:

25243XatNight2005_0407AB.jpg

25243XatNight2005_0407AU.jpg

25243XatNight2005_0407AY.jpg

25243XatNight2005_0407BI.jpg

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

You should have just gotten all chrome amber bulbs in my opinion...

i like the criss-cross look better than the oem amber inverted "L" - i don't like the superwhite in the corner, though, as it is just too blue...i'm going to order the standard clear chrome bulb when i get the chance

i also like the criss cross look. ;)
104372.jpg

104373.jpg

i also just decided to go with amber bulbs forsted with silver paint
105185.jpg

i ordered and recieved the same corners from the same ebay supplier in a dan and a half.. indeed effortless and VERY speedy. I cant wait until i get the headlights to match. Im just torn between the silverstars and the cool blue. looks excellent though!!

BuffaloXplorer said:
Here are some nighttime pics of the Chrome 3157s & 906 Superwhite setup:

25243XatNight2005_0407AU.jpg

Ok can you tell me where and what exactly I need to order to get this same setup? Minus the headlights and foglights? I'd like all to be silver in the daytime though and want a real white light for the top corner one. Thanks alot.

Ryde _Or_Die said:
Ok can you tell me where and what exactly I need to order to get this same setup? Minus the headlights and foglights? I'd like all to be silver in the daytime though and want a real white light for the top corner one. Thanks alot.

3157 "Blinkers" - you'll need to scroll way down to find the chrome "amber" ones.

906 SuperWhite Corner Bulb - make sure to choose "Superwhite" from the drop down menu when adding it to your cart - the pic says it's "blue" but it's listed as superwhite in the menu.

As you know, you need (4) 3157's and (2) 906's - i think my total (shipped) was $23.xx. One bad thing is that it came from AZ and took almost 2 weeks.

BuffaloXplorer said:
One bad thing is that it came from AZ and took almost 2 weeks.

Both times I ordered it took exactly a week and thats including Sat, Sun to Virginia...he gets them out the door fast....maybe you just had bad luck....

I don't know what happened with my order. I thought he was out of Mass, because i thought Cox was a cable provider only on the east coast, so i expected them to get to me before i left for vacation. I ordered on a Thursday, got an eMail Friday stating they'd ship the following Monday. No package by that Friday. Left for Mexico Saturday and they showed up the Tuesday after i got back from Mexico, 19 days later. Because i was gone it didn't really matter anyway.

Do you guys know what headlights will give the most bluish tint to them and be the brightest from the same site? I'd like to order them all at the same time if I could. Or what do you do for the headlights? Thanks for the help.

I have these and my son says they show a bluish tint when coming head on...however they seem superwhite to me just like my wifes MK VIII...road signs seem to "glow" from a longer distance on dark roads at night...I got the fog light bulbs to go along...matter of fact they just got here today...forgot to mention...I have diamond clear heads...not sure if that makes a diff over stock heads...my .02

ripper:
have you used those during the rain/snow at all?
i was thinking about getting some bluish tinted headlights but i heard they are horrible during storms and what not. If those LOOK blue to oncoming cars but output like a superwhite, i think ill get some.

xxScapegoat said:
ripper:
have you used those during the rain/snow at all?
i was thinking about getting some bluish tinted headlights but i heard they are horrible during storms and what not. If those LOOK blue to oncoming cars but output like a superwhite, i think ill get some.

Driven in the rain at night on crazy dark roads..works fine...would say better than stock...Like I said...if you have seen a MK VIII at night then you know exactly what mine look like...normally don't have a snow storm to drive through in Va Beach :)

Hey Guys - everyone's installs look really cool. I'm checking out a set of Revotec Euro diamond clear headlights and corners for my 97 Sport.

Do these lenses allow for brighter than the factory headlights or do they just look cool? Already have Silverstar bulbs, and just looking for better visibility at night without adding a set of driving lights or going HID.

Thanks for the help!!

Heres a question,

My set of Diamonds have a cap over the bulb. Has anyone seen any differences in light with or without the cap?

372207_179_full.jpg

Fordexplorer157 said:
Heres a question,

My set of Diamonds have a cap over the bulb. Has anyone seen any differences in light with or without the cap?

372207_179_full.jpg

The set i have doesnt have that cap over it. My wife's Civic has a cap over it and i didnt noticed any light ose compared to the EX

i was ready to ask the same question b/c my lights have that same cap on the bulb but to take it off u have to undo the whole light and i dont feel like messing with brand new lights i got them from ebay for like 150 i have the whole set head lights + corners the truck looks 100 times better
i got the lights from k2motor on ebay

FexplorerV8 said:
i was ready to ask the same question b/c my lights have that same cap on the bulb but to take it off u have to undo the whole light and i dont feel like messing with brand new lights i got them from ebay for like 150 i have the whole set head lights + corners the truck looks 100 times better
i got the lights from k2motor on ebay

next get a new harness and some hightemp bulbs wooo eee bright...or some HID

They just started to put the cap on the new headlights. I assume its an updated design. IMO it looks better.

Back