Diamond cut headlights for 2nd gen. Explorer from procarparts.com | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Diamond cut headlights for 2nd gen. Explorer from procarparts.com

Yes they are finally making these for you 2nd gen. guys. Here is their description of the lights:

FORD EXPLORER 1995-2001 EURO CLEAR DIAMOND CUT HEADLIGHTS

FORD EXPLORER 1995-2001 EURO CLEAR DIAMOND CUT HEADLIGHTS -

Free-Form headlights feature computer designed reflector surfaces, giving you an optimum beam pattern when compared with your stock halogen headlamps. Each section of the reflector has been designed to project a specific beam of light.This new trend in headlights are featured on practically every new vehicle-
THE ACTUAL HEADLAMPS HAVE BEEN DESIGNED TO MEET OR EXCEED ALL U.S. D.O.T. VEHICLE LIGHTING STANDARDS - SURPASSING FEDERAL REGULATIONS GOVERNING MINIMUM LIGHT OUTPUT,VEHICLE GLARE,AND BEAM COLOR --2pc set (left)(right)

Can be found at: http://www.procarparts.com/new.asp?currentPage=103&Action=GotoPage&GotoPage=104

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for posting that.....

Lets hope this is for real this time. I worry that they have no picture of them. Has anyone ordewred AND received these?

I saw these for the first gens. Are they that good for the price?

They're cheaper than the first gen ones, by $40. I think it's a rip.

Dang, and I just bought some new OEM headlights to replace my sort of black looking headlights. I wonder if they have opened the boxes yet to install them? If not, I can take them back and get a pair of these.

These are in fact real. They are made by In Pro Car Wear, the same people that make second gen altezzas. Should be interesting to see the pictures of them. Although they really don't do any good if you don't have a diamond clear corner to match it.

Hartman said:
Although they really don't do any good if you don't have a diamond clear corner to match it.

While that may be true, I don't think many people will care about that if they give off a much better beam pattern.

Its more of an appearance item. They aren't designed to throw light, although just about anything will throw light better than the stock lamp.

Great. They should look really good next to my lame stock looking yellow clear corners.

As Hartman said, there's really no point unless they make some corners to go with them.

They will have diamond clear corners. With the first gens they had them not long after the headlamps came out.

The supposed lamp:
343039_57_full.jpg

Since I work at a motorsport shop, we currently have pretty close relations to PCP as far as being wholesale dealers to them on seats right now, I'll give them a call in the next few days and see what they have to say. You'd be amazed how much PCP is making off this stuff, seeing our cost list after buying my gauges and what not from them was pretty interesting. (No, I'm not bragging, if I do happen to get a breakthrough on this, I'll see if I can get my boss to do a group buy on this, until then, it's nothing)

sweett, i wonder if they would F-up like clear corners and get all yellow after like 6 months. that would suck
be intrested to see someones X when they get these

I know PCP makes a HUGE amount off this stuff. It isn't the best of quality. If I remember correctly they get their lenses from Alfa Motorsports.

Isn't Pro-car parts the company that sold the euro/altezza taillights that had alot of problems with leaking water and not holding up too well?

Most all altezzas fog up and leak.

Critical_Level2 said:
Isn't Pro-car parts the company that sold the euro/altezza taillights that had alot of problems with leaking water and not holding up too well?

That's all Altezza's. The manufacturing of those things are so robust, they really don't put time like they used to into sealing them. Thus, if you do get some, it's common to put a bead or two of silicon on the edge to assure this of not happening.

And huskyfan, AlfaOtto is PCP, just they're corporate/wholesale division, this is where we order our parts from if going through PCP, us as a retail store that is. Same exact wherehouse and everything. BTW, the website is http://www.alfaotto.com/

Will call PCP today on the diamond headlights, and see what I can squeeze out of them.

Well I am not going to be the guinea pip here, LOL. Now if they had the same matching clear corners to go along with the head lights and they looked good, then I would have already ordered them by now. So my status is just a wait and see.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah AlfaOtto is who it is. I remember my box saying that. I wonder who manufactures these things? I bet they're probably the price of aftermarket stock lookalikes.

Back