Did 98 Explorers have Side Air Bag option | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Did 98 Explorers have Side Air Bag option

98 Newbie

Reaction score
City, State
Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
Anybody know if side airbags were an option in 1998? Trying to solve the 36 code and mine has power leather seats with SAB stamped on the sides of the seats. Pulled the yellow connectors to no avail. and they are plugged in with no dummy cap. Noticed there was a TSB that superceeds the 01-1-10 TSB.

I would say yes then. Try blowing the connection out :dunno:

Thanks for replying as I am new here. Tried that trick and it did not work....even used canned air. Was kinda interested to see what the old TSB said regarding this code. It would be TSB 01-1-10. When I bought this 98 I knew it was going to be kinda of a project for me and my son but the thing is in immaculate condition for it's age. Any help is appreciated.....have you dealt with this same code. Looks like many others on this site have.

For anyone interested, I figured I'd toss this in here. You know- wake up the 'ol sleeping thread.

If you do have side airbags in your Gen II, this is what they will cover when deployed.

IMG_2110.jpg

Back