Did add a leaf, shackels and 883BL today | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Did add a leaf, shackels and 883BL today

You have a very nice looking Mounty. Love what you've done with it! :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks awesome dude. I was about to scrap mine, and decided to just slowly bring it back. Normally not one for fixing rust, but I figure the rough body lets me give zero fu%$s on a trail. 209k on it, and starts every single day, and runs perfectly smooth. Hard to let it go, so I wont haha.

i did the procomp "long" and "short" leafs 100bux total for both sets
pretty much gave me 3inches....and i put them in the order they go...

and i swapped the right and left leaf packs while i had them down.
it fixed the "drivers side lean"....

hope this helps you....what do you plan to do with your x???...

:salute:

I plan on doing actually the same setup , it doesnt seem that expensive and i love how you can fit 35s on it , because thats how big i wanted to go .how much totally did it cost you said and done for the lift? and what body lift do i buy for a 1995 Explorer 4door? What website did you get the aal from? They dont make a "Long" aal for mine so which long set would work?

I plan on doing actually the same setup , it doesnt seem that expensive and i love how you can fit 35s on it , because thats how big i wanted to go .how much totally did it cost you said and done for the lift? and what body lift do i buy for a 1995 Explorer 4door? What website did you get the aal from? They dont make a "Long" aal for mine so which long set would work?

i got most of my stuff from summit....i used the ranger long leaf, and the
explorer short leaf..

after all said and done...???

shackles...$80
short add a leaf...$40
long add a leaf....$75
body lift....$150

Anyone know where I can get a set of upper shackle to frame bushings so I can install my warriors?? I can't find then anywhere !!!

Your mounty looks great btw

i got most of my stuff from summit....i used the ranger long leaf, and the
explorer short leaf..

after all said and done...???

shackles...$80
short add a leaf...$40
long add a leaf....$75
body lift....$150

can you tell me what bodylift i can use for a 95 explorer?. only one i knew that i could use was the pa 853 and they dont make them anymore. and where exactly did you buy the ranger long aal ? because i cant find it

can you tell me what bodylift i can use for a 95 explorer?. only one i knew that i could use was the pa 853 and they dont make them anymore. and where exactly did you buy the ranger long aal ? because i cant find it

883 bodylift

summitracing long feaf for ford ranger

883 bodylift

summitracing long feaf for ford ranger

thanks youve been a real big help. so with all that lift on there , was it kinda hard to fit 35s? was there alot of trimming or only a lil?

thanks youve been a real big help. so with all that lift on there , was it kinda hard to fit 35s? was there alot of trimming or only a lil?
just a lil trimming....about 2 inches on both sides of the tire...not much at all

just a lil trimming....about 2 inches on both sides of the tire...not much at all

ill soon have mine done the same way. thank you for answering all my questions . but how does the truck handle now? does it go through deep mud with ease?

thanks alot man...

ive since truck bed coated the sides (that are grey).
and added a sweet exhaust, ( dual trush turbos with dual side exit).

I love the truck....haha

Post some pics up of your exhaust I been thinking about doing that same setup.

thanks alot man...

ive since truck bed coated the sides (that are grey).
and added a sweet exhaust, ( dual trush turbos with dual side exit).

I love the truck....haha

wow that is a nice truck sir!
i have a mounty also love it! i have been considering the 3" BL myself but if i do that will try and buy tires lol and that wont be good for the bank account. im on a TT/ shackles AAL on 32's.

where did you get those covers on the front corner lights? or did you do it yourself?

wow that is a nice truck sir!
i have a mounty also love it! i have been considering the 3" BL myself but if i do that will try and buy tires lol and that wont be good for the bank account. im on a TT/ shackles AAL on 32's.

where did you get those covers on the front corner lights? or did you do it yourself?

I thought you were going with SAS...???

I also did the tint myself, on the lights.....VHT tint spray.

thanks for the comments....

I took some pics of the truck and the exhaust...tell me what you think.

051_zps3995191c.jpg

054_zpsb8c11bd7.jpg

052_zps3e9f6472.jpg

047_zpsa810567a.jpg

046_zps2309a5b8.jpg

045_zps9d143159.jpg

048_zpsf646002f.jpg

049_zps0c36fa14.jpg

050_zps4f63ba9f.jpg

i am going with SAS. just going to be till next spring. i just already have the TT/ shackles AAL done already.

then yea man....do the body lift.....

I would love to SAS myself, I actually started saving towards
a superlift, but im having trouble trying to locate the 2 part#s
I need for the front lift only, and going to do a SOA in rear.
for another 4 inches all around.

then from there I will be going with 37s and 4.88s

it never ends bro.....it never ends

hahaha

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks really good exactly what i was planning on doing with 2 flowmasters. How loud is it can ya post a sound clip?

I thought you were going with SAS...???

I also did the tint myself, on the lights.....VHT tint spray.

thanks for the comments....

I took some pics of the truck and the exhaust...tell me what you think.

051_zps3995191c.jpg

054_zpsb8c11bd7.jpg

052_zps3e9f6472.jpg

047_zpsa810567a.jpg

046_zps2309a5b8.jpg

045_zps9d143159.jpg

048_zpsf646002f.jpg

049_zps0c36fa14.jpg

050_zps4f63ba9f.jpg

Back