Did all 1999 Explorers come with Keyless? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Did all 1999 Explorers come with Keyless?

Gettin2ndGear

Reaction score
City, State
Jackson, MS
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 XLT
I was told all '99 explorers came with keyless entry capability.... I have a 99 xlt with the power equipment group, but I tried to program a keyless remote and the turning the ignition 11 times or whatever does nothing. Is it possible my explorer doesn't have this capability?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No! Mine does not have it nor is it set up for it...I tried already:(

All XLT's should have it

Xlt, Eddie Bauer And Limited Have It
Xl And Xls Not

I was told all '99 explorers came with keyless entry capability.... I have a 99 xlt with the power equipment group, but I tried to program a keyless remote and the turning the ignition 11 times or whatever does nothing. Is it possible my explorer doesn't have this capability?

Thanks

Where did you find the instructions to do the programming?

Instructions are in the manual.

Yeah I tried the instructions in the manual but nothing happened..... Is there anyway I can tell for sure if I have it but maybe it isn't working?

Thanks

is there a fuse in the fuse panel?

I do not have the keypad on the door, and I looked in the manual and there is not a fuse for the keyless entry

How do you know if you have it or not? I dont have thr original manual, however my 99 Explorer Sport is fully loaded, including the keypad. Also where can I buy a remote and how can I program it?

Do all on here that have remote keyless have a keypad on the door?

I'm thinking that they come as a package. If you have one you have the other. I'm not 100% sure on that though.

Back