Did I get ripped off?

thewishkah

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 explorer xlt
Ok so I bring in the Ex cause it has some pretty bad pull, uneven tire wear,and clunks and was leaking coolant. I brought it in it was the upper and lower ball joints (both sides) the radius arm bushings were almost non existant and screwd up the mounts(by the frame) and the leak was from the water pump.

Ok so it came to $1349 is this way to much for the work that was done? While trying to take off the water pump they ran into a problem with the fan clutch being froze so that had to be replaced as well. So my question to all of you is this, For said repairs,

Upper & Lower ball joints(both sides), wheel alignment
Radius arm bushings & mounts
Water pump & fan clutch

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah sounds good. should have came to my shop though would have only been a 15 dollar labor charge !!! but im sure some of the freakn mexican kids would have stole some stuff so it would have been are the same price

sound about right to me also

back when i had an estimate done my mine when it need 4 balljoints and alignment plus the alignment bushings and labor

the total came out to $720, and that was at 49.00 an hour

that is a very fair charge for that work.

Where did you take it too??? To have the work done?

osker75 said:
yeah sounds good. should have came to my shop though would have only been a 15 dollar labor charge !!! but im sure some of the freakn mexican kids would have stole some stuff so it would have been are the same price

an intelligent response

I went to a shop my fathers friend owns unfortunatley he didnt give me a break lol hes got a very reputable place customer database of well over 800 returning clients. I would love to do most of the work myself but with school, and limited space ( I share a driveway in NYC so its kinda tight on space)

Yep sounds fair to me too!

I didnt find one reputable place in the Bay Ridge area, they are all crooks. The best place I found was Pep Boys, yeah Pep Boys.

Back