Did you notice this little detail on your '03? Or am I crazy? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Did you notice this little detail on your '03? Or am I crazy?

NJExplorerFan

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Limited
Ok, am I losing my mind? I was sitting at the diner today when I noticed a nice dark blue Explorer parked right by my table window. As I chewed on my food, I noticed it had an "Explorer" badge on the side doors. I looked at my '03 parked right next to it and I'm totally shaved with no "Explorer" badges at all? What the heck! I searched online for pics of Explorers from 2002-2005 and every model has them on the front doors EXCEPT the 2003 models.

Am I alone on this? I hope others can chime in. Kinda funny actually. LOL

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is a good point! I noticed some Explorers don't have badges on the side but some do. I wonder what the reason is for that...

I was thinking the same damn thing and it kinda sux lol

I hope other 2003 owners can reply, and even from other years. It doesn't make sense to me why Ford would eliminate for just 1 year. Maybe they were going for a cleaner, shaved look and then added it back? Or maybe just an error for that one year? So strange...

Mine's an 02' and it had the badges on the side, didnt like the way they looked so I took them off. Prefer the cleaner look on the side, but yes as you stated i've noticed that on all year models.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I noticed it had an "Explorer" badge on the side doors. I looked at my '03 parked right next to it and I'm totally shaved with no "Explorer" badges at all? What the heck! I searched online for pics of Explorers from 2002-2005 and every model has them on the front doors EXCEPT the 2003 models.

Am I alone on this? I hope others can chime in. Kinda funny actually. LOL
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a 2005 Ex, and the "Explorer" name plate badges are there on the 2 front doors, chromed.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a 2005 Ex, and the "Explorer" name plate badges are there on the 2 front doors, chromed.

I have had 02' Ex Sport XLT that had badges on the front doors. My 04' Ex Sport XLT Didn't have Badges on the front door. Same thing, one year not having the badges? My current 05' does have the front badges, who knows maybe they ran out of badges? lol :D

I have a 03 and mine doesnt have the explorer on the door. I like it that way it give my truck a more custom look

I have an '03 XLT with no badge.......

, who knows maybe they ran out of badges? lol :D
>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Maybe the owners of the 03's should go with the motto, "we don't need no stinking badges"!:p:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Maybe the owners of the 03's should go with the motto, "we don't need no stinking badges"!:p:

I was waiting for someone to add that!! :p:

I have an '02 XLT with the chrome explorer badges on the front door.

>>>>>>>>>>>>
I was waiting for someone to add that!! :p:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I guess I was showing my age with that movie line. It's been so long ago since I saw the movie that line came from, I can't even remember the name of the movie it was from, any guesses out there?

>>>>>>>>>I have an '02 XLT with the chrome explorer badges on the front door.
>>>>>>>>>>>

I kind of like the chrome badges, they look good against the jet black paint job. I'm kind of meticulous when it comes to detailing the Ex, I spent a good half hour cleaning and polishing the little grooves and slots between the letters in the badges so they stand out even more. I spend about the same amount of time cleaning and polishing the individual slots in the front, chrome grill. Hey, big game today, Bills-Pats. Sorry on this one, can't wish you good luck with the Pats :). One thing I won't do is predict a Bills win, not that stupid. The Bills will have their hands full today with Brady and Co. I just hope I'm not screaming at my TV before half time due to Bills mistakes or poor tackling. Ralph Wilson stadium will be rocking today, fans are wound up over the 2-0 start.

Oh, are you talking about this?

IMG_0058-1.jpg

My '02 XLS has them.

I was waiting for someone to add that!! :p:

I have an '02 XLT with the chrome explorer badges on the front door.

Me Too!

And Exprob-you mentioned the bills? who are they???

I guess I was showing my age with that movie line. It's been so long ago since I saw the movie that line came from, I can't even remember the name of the movie it was from, any guesses out there?

I kind of like the chrome badges, they look good against the jet black paint job. I'm kind of meticulous when it comes to detailing the Ex, I spent a good half hour cleaning and polishing the little grooves and slots between the letters in the badges so they stand out even more. I spend about the same amount of time cleaning and polishing the individual slots in the front, chrome grill. Hey, big game today, Bills-Pats. Sorry on this one, can't wish you good luck with the Pats :). One thing I won't do is predict a Bills win, not that stupid. The Bills will have their hands full today with Brady and Co. I just hope I'm not screaming at my TV before half time due to Bills mistakes or poor tackling. Ralph Wilson stadium will be rocking today, fans are wound up over the 2-0 start.

The original movie was The Treasure of the Sierra Madre. You probably remember it from Blazing Saddles. Click here for more info!

I also like the chrome badges, adds some definition.

As far as the Bills go: I know the fans are excited about a 2-0 start, but they will also enjoy the 2-1 start! :p:

What he said:

And Exprob-you mentioned the bills? who are they???

>>>>>>>>>
GRNMACHINE;2814956 And Exprob-you mentioned the bills? who are they???[/QUOTE said:
>>>>>>>>>

They certainly aren't the Bears! :D Just in case you really don't know who they are, they would be the "Buffalo Bills" pro football team.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

They certainly aren't the Bears! :D Just in case you really don't know who they are, they would be the "Buffalo Bills" pro football team.

I think he is just yanking your chain. Just like me! :p:

>>>>>>>>
I think he is just yanking your chain. Just like me! :p:
>>>>>>>>

I know you are, not sure about him. I don't get all hot and bothered when someone bashes one of my teams, but I can play the game too! :) I tried sending you a reply to your previous message about 25 minutes ago, but when I hit the submit message button, the screen froze and I got a message that the "web site server was too busy" and couldn't get back in till now.
I laughed at your 2-1 comment and you have good reason to be confident today. Weather right now is upper 70's, slight breeze and partly sunny. Enjoy the game and I'll be in touch if the Bills win ;) BTW, it was the movie "Blazing Saddles" where I heard that phrase before. Been quite a while since I seen it even though it gets re-run on TV each year. Funny movie.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I know you are, not sure about him. I don't get all hot and bothered when someone bashes one of my teams, but I can play the game too! :) I tried sending you a reply to your previous message about 25 minutes ago, but when I hit the submit message button, the screen froze and I got a message that the "web site server was too busy" and couldn't get back in till now.
I laughed at your 2-1 comment and you have good reason to be confident today. Weather right now is upper 70's, slight breeze and partly sunny. Enjoy the game and I'll be in touch if the Bills win ;)

Likewise my friend!!

Back